Medal of Honor: Tier 1

Options
cstmar01
cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
edited November 2010 in Video Games
Anyone else getting this one today?

I really enjoyed battlefield and after seeing the demos on this game, the feel is a lot like it. I am probably going to pick it up sometime this week.
Post edited by cstmar01 on

Comments

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Waiting on the new COD.
  • cstmar01
    edited October 2010
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Waiting on the new COD.

COD looks good, but I really dug the game play of battlefield. I got a lot more into it than I did with MW2 which was like the game I played the least which was sad. I was huge into WAW and loved it, but MW2 just left me hanging wanting more...
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Did you get a PS3 yet?
  • cstmar01
    edited October 2010
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Did you get a PS3 yet?

no not yet. probably around christmas time...
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart months ago with a $20 gift card offer. Forget Modern Warfare and COD. I hope this shows up today!

http://www.medalofhonor.com/community
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Medal of Honor's real problem may be Danger Close's inability to commit to a particular direction for the game. Swinging wildly between the horrors and danger of war and unrealistic action movie moments and hampered by a surplus of boring scripted sequences, not even DICE's talented multiplayer designers are able to elevate Medal of Honor to something memorable. Combined with Danger Close's fixation on delivering an experience about a war that Americans are deeply ambivalent about, and multiplayer that remains likely to incite controversy about its content after players have moved on to deeper, more engaging multiplayer options, Medal of Honor is one of the bigger disappointments of 2010.

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I read that earlier on their site,but I'm going to see what other people say who buy the game and play it out. Add me to the list of those who were a little disappointed with MW2. I think I had more fun playing Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The single player is in Unreal Engine 3 and the MP is in the Frostbite engine... so basically, a re-skinned Battlefield. Consider this one a pass for me. I played the MP beta on 360 and it was just horribly boring.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • hockeyboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bummer. I guess mine will come in the mail tomorrow and I can post opinion after playing it. Sounds like it might end up an early trade. In fact if it really sucks that bad after playing post here and I can return unopened.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A rental for the achievements for me then.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Definately waiting for COD in November...
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I heard the single and multiplayer had 2 different developers. I only care about the multiplayer, I rarely if ever play the single player.

I love Battlefield Bad Co II big environment, more strategy and use of terrain, vehicles, etc. might get this just for multiplayer.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • blockatvalpo
    blockatvalpo Posts: 87
    edited October 2010
    Options
    My copy was delivered yesterday and so far I've only played the SP. I'm two missions in and feel like it's a great game. I've noticed a couple of bugs (i.e. your ai teammates stand in your way or won't advance right away), but overall I like the game. I like it more than BC2 and I'm still debating if it's better than the CoD stories. I haven't tried the MP yet, so I can't comment there. I like the CoD games, but lately, I've been wanting something different. I'm sure more gamers would buy this game if CoD wasn't coming out in a month.
  • orrb_05
    orrb_05 Posts: 215
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So what's the verdict?

Are the reviews correct - is it worth the cash, or wait for CoD?
  • hockeyboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I decided to return mine unopened and pre-order COD. MIght pick up used if I here any other good comments. I figure if a lot of peeps don't like it they'll show up like crazy used.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got the chance to take a look at this game at a friend's house over the weekend. Looks like a solid game and if you've got the system to handle the audio track,you'll love it. This thing hits hard!
  • blockatvalpo
    blockatvalpo Posts: 87
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I finally tried the mp out last night and I'm a fan of their team deathmatch. I tried the defend/capture mode, which was fun, but no one was talking so we got creamed. I guess the best way to describe it is a mixture of CoD and BC2. I'll probably play it some more before selling the game.
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This game blew.

Returned it the same day and got Halo Reach.

Nik