Looking for recommendations for new component speakers

Options
ksnisbet86
ksnisbet86 Posts: 41
edited October 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Im in need of some new component speakers for my front doors, right now ive got infinity reference speakers rated 90w RMS and are running at 2 ohm. I like the speakers and all but they dont sound well with the type of music i listen to, and are just not loud enough when my subwoofers are at full volume. My options are either one of the rockford fosgate power series speakers, or the polk db6501 or the polk mm6501.....i dont need any low end from the door speakers as i have more than enough from my subwoofers. Also, im driving the speakers with a rockford fosgate 850.4 punch amp, so ive got ample power for any of the 4 speakers. The music im most into is metal of different sorts so if anybody knows a better speaker for that application, please let me know thanks!!!!
Post edited by ksnisbet86 on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Infinitys playing metal would be really bright. If you still feel that these are getting over powered by your sub, then maybe you have some issues in the sub setup.

The MM's are the better series. If you're not looking for a ton of mid bass from your components then even the db's are fine. However I would first look at balancing the output from the sub with your mid bass before you go shopping for new speakers. Turn down the gains on the sub amp, cut bass boost if you have that engaged, don't boost the sub from your hu, etc. If you do this you may discover that you now need to tone down your tweets.......