Alpine Imprint F R Pre Outs and 4 channel w/Components 3way System Q

Options
fouledout
fouledout Posts: 10
edited October 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok so this may sound complicated but I will try and get you the facts and the question(s) I'm asking.

I bought an Alpine HU and the Imprint Audio Processor PXA-H100. I have a c400.4 amp that has the pre-eq button on bi amped to MMC6500 component.

Ok so on page 14 of the c400.4 link here
(http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/c400_4/)

If you care to look on that page is how I have my current amp set up. Basically HU Front Pre Out -> L & R -> Y Split -> RF RB LF LB. Pretty basic Bi Amp of the components. Tweats on the Fronts Woofers on the Rears

Anyways yeah I probably didnt need to explain this but what I was wondering is the Alpine Processor on a 3 way set up wants to use the front pre outs as the tweekers and the rear as the woofers so my assumption would be that I would run the Fronts to the Tweaters and run the new line of the Rears for the woofers and plug the channels connections accordingly to how the amp feeds the components. The c400.4 says explicity not to turn off pre-eq when running the components bi amped.
So is that it, am I over thinking this by thinking the audio processor and the amp pre-eq are gonna clash and ruin my sq? I am going to run the Fronts to the Tweakers and a new line of the Rears to the woofers so says the manual for the PXA-H100. Should I go back to my passive crossovers, aaa dont wanna do that. Gonna try and do this tomorrow so lemme hear your advice.
Post edited by fouledout on

Comments

• fouledout
    fouledout Posts: 10
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah Lasareath I know that Im just trying to figure out how to connect it from the PXA-H100 to the amp. Right now I have the front channel from the HU to theh amp and then the singal is split on the front and right channels to the four inputs on the c400.4.

What the PXA-H100 wants to do on 3 way is seperate the highs mids and lows to the fronts rears and sw respectfully. So Im going to have to run another cable since I only have the front right now, now I have to add a rear and hook it up to the rear right and left on the amp.

My question is, since the amp is doing the active crossover with the tweets and the mids will I run into any problems with hooking up the PXA-H100. I dont see one since Im hooking it up correctly with the highs going to the tweets and the mids going to the woofers. Im just thinking since the pxa-h100 is already splitting the signal up, will the c400.4 try and do it again or just accept what its getting and forward it along to the components. Sorry if this sounds confusing I can try and explain it again a few more times if needed. :)