Kappa 60.5cs vs. Momo MM6

hockeystud
hockeystud Posts: 1
edited June 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Im debating between the Kappa 60.5cs and Momo MM6 components. I hear good and bad from both sides (i.e Kappa has not so impressive mids, but nice highs.....Momo's have nice mids, but soft highs). Whichever I buy will be hooked up into a 120x2 amp so the power wont be lacking. Im looking for the cleanest sounding set of speakers. Or are there different brands that might fit my needs better? car: 97 civic ex 2dr
ANY OPINIONS/COMMENTS?!?!
Post edited by hockeystud on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,535
    edited June 2003
    d00d, go to your nearest dealer, possibly Tweeter. If I'm not mistaken Tweeter carries the infinity's, not sure about the Polks. But, the best way to decide, like every speaker - is to go out there and listen. Listen and oh yeah, Listen. Its completely up to you. The sound you like, may suck to another. The sound another may not like, you may love. Its completely up to you. Good luck on your search.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    in the store you're not gonna have any idea what it'll sound like in car --- the tweeter nor the mid will reflect off of anything and you'll get a dulled down completely non realistic sound -- unless they put them in your car and let u trial run them, that's not gonna help u all the much....

all in store listening does is allow u to rule out the absoulte junk stuff (ie sony speakers) because if it sounds THAT bad in teh store it'll sound aweful in the car....

when comparing two similarly classed speakers for minor differences ... in store listenign wont give u that.

as far as whats what...

the infinity has a sharp **** tweeter -- i hate that. it's too biting, it hurts your hears sometimes, and it sounds somewhat unnatural.

the polks have a soft dome tweeter, this gives a true musical sound which is much much much more pleasing, and it wont hurt your ears other .... "Bright without bite" was teh original slogan when those tweeterd dubuted many years ago.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,535
    edited June 2003
    That is true, but hey. Atleast you get an idea of what it will *kinda* sound like. I don't like infinity anything.
    Home Speakers - Sweet highs, hollowed mids.
    Car Speakers - Etchy highs
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2003
    if you can front the grip try looking into Diamond Audio or Boston... Don't know who near you carries them... I believe both of their entry level sets are over $350/pair and i know that boston goes up to a $1000 6.5" component set... something worth thinking about if you can afford it :D

P.S. I love my MM6... Sounds beautiful...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    jesus i wish i could afford $1000 components
    i thought $325 for components was pushing the envelope for the mm6s
    someday...when im rich...
    which probably wont happen...
    lol
    i think its about time to go to bed
    oo wait...its barely 10:35...oo well...i could use the extra sleep
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2003
    i'm not rich i'm just going to an inexpensive college... working full time... and living at home... translation... Killer Sound System :D:D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    best component set for the money -- ID Chamaleons...

150 x 2 rms at 4 or 2 ohms -- u can pick which kind u want -- so that u can get an amp thats 150 x 2 at 2 ohms and save some cash...

also come with horn loaded compression drivers if u choose so but those cost mucho more...

at $339, they are the "top end" product at the "entry level" price -- good stuff.

kids were meltin xovers tho -- the xover case initially wasn't vented so it got hot - melted parts -- shippin w/ new xovers now -- or the users are pullin the X's right out the cases and hidig them.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge