Ohio Get together part 2

bsturgeon89
bsturgeon89 Posts: 128
I thought I would put a feeler out for a mini-fest.

The last one had good intentions but fell apart fast when the date approached. Only one person came.

I'm sure a lot of you are busy. Its that time of year but maybe we can plan something for down the road, kind of get the ball rolling, and see what might be a good time frame for anyone that wanted to come.

Any takers?

Brock
Post edited by bsturgeon89 on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2010
    count me in....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bsturgeon89
    edited September 2010
    Lasareath wrote: »
    9 hour drive for me but I've never been in Ohio. When you thinking?

Well that is up in the air. I know it is football season. The holidays will be rapidly approaching.

I'm open for anything. Just would like to have a better turn out and meet some people.

As far as never traveling to Ohio, you're not missing much. Except for my man cave ;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited September 2010

As far as never traveling to Ohio, you're not missing much.

I will have to strongly disagree.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bsturgeon89
    edited September 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    I will have to strongly disagree.

And I agree with you disagreeing.

There is actually a lot of cool stuff and neat things to do and visit in the state. It does have a good variety. I've lived here pretty much all my life. The only place I haven't gotten to really is southeastern ohio except for Hocking Hills on occassion.

Gotta love Cedar Point and Ohio Stadium.:)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2010
    hey Brock-- how are those 2.3 tl's sounding these days?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • bsturgeon89
    edited September 2010
    hey Brock-- how are those 2.3 tl's sounding these days?

Well George,

Hopefully pretty good. I'll let ya know in a few hours.

Been to busy to get it all back together but I'm off today and today is the day. No ifs ands or buts.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2010
    I know what you mean,,just got my little rig back together yesterday afternoon,,good luck on the 2.3's and have fun with the mini meet--lots of great people here.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • j allen
    j allen Posts: 363
    edited October 2010
    Hey... I'm down provided I didn't creep you out too much last time. If it's something you're planning pretty far in advance, my dad might also be interested. It's his fault I like all this audio stuff. :)
  • bsturgeon89
    edited October 2010
    j allen wrote: »
    Hey... I'm down provided I didn't creep you out too much last time. If it's something you're planning pretty far in advance, my dad might also be interested. It's his fault I like all this audio stuff. :)

Dude...you creeped me out big time:D:D:D

Just kidding....

Well I was trying to get a feel of when people might want to get together. I kind of think this time of year is busy for people.

I was thinking a good time frame might be in January after the holidays so maybe more people could make if they wanted but I'm open for anything if the schedule works. Just want to get some feedback.

Let me know people.....
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited October 2010
    I'll be near Cleveland for Thanksgiving.....
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited October 2010
    I'm in Michigan and would really like to meet some of the guys on the board. Where in Ohio are you and when might this gig happen?

Checked your sig Findley is close.

Chris
  • bsturgeon89
    edited October 2010
    wz2p7j wrote: »
    I'm in Michigan and would really like to meet some of the guys on the board. Where in Ohio are you and when might this gig happen?

Checked your sig Findley is close.

Chris

I'm pretty much straight down I-75. Once you hit the state line, I'm about 90 minutes away give or take a few.

The date for the gig is up in the air at the moment. The people that have responded so far.......................what looks like a good date for you?
  • wz2p7j
    wz2p7j Posts: 840
    edited October 2010
    Any date is good for me. Never been to one of these gigs. Do I need a hotel room or something? (which would not be a problem)

Chris