First system

Ive just bought a set of polk 6700's and I already have a Bose VCS-10 center ( gonna use the polk center for the rear center ) . My brother owes me some money and wants to give me his Paradigm PS 1000 sub to cover the debt. I'm just wondering if this will be a decent setup and would like some setup tips if anyone is interested in helping a newbie. Thank You, KC
Post edited by nascartech on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited June 2003
    Eh, Use the bose for the rear. I rec. a matching front soundstage. So use the bose in the rear. Infact, sell the bose. lol!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • setzer808
    setzer808 Posts: 173
    edited June 2003
    I agree with MX on this one. Use the Bose in the rear or sell it. No offense, but its not very well thought of around here. It might serve a rear channel just fine thogh. Congrats on geting some polks man. Welcome to the family.
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
    Polk PSW-350 Sub -in storage.
    Yamaha RX-V681 A/V Reciever
    Sony SCD-CE595 SACD Player
  • BRAD-TX
    BRAD-TX Posts: 25
    edited June 2003
    hmm, yeah I would put the Bose in the back and just use it as the rear channel. YOu really want the matching speakers for up front, that is where you will noticed the difference. Or like others said, sell the Bose and get another Polk speaker :)
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited June 2003
    The Bose have to go :) Polks all the way
    Life without music would