Install Showcase

Cybernetik
Cybernetik Posts: 18
edited July 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Anyone know how long it should take get on the installs page from the time of submitting my pictures and info?? It has been months now and I even sent a correction in information also asking for a status but got no response. Well I made my own page on Sounddomain so if anyone would like to take a look:
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/cybernetik
Post edited by Cybernetik on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2003
    *shudder* Lanzar *shudder*

Please for the love of all things good and holy get better amps... You might as well have hooked them up to a Sony or a Jensen...
    No offense but it's painful to see polk running off of lanzar...

Old lanzar was good... Anything after the pyramid buyout is a piece of crap in a box with a (once) respectable name stamped on it

Again no offense but some times you gotta practice "tough love" and smack some sense into people... No one who is serously into car audio will ever respect that car as long as you keep the lanzar amps.

Again i'm not trying to insult you (i can see how this could come off that way) I'm just trying to help you learn a valuable lesson... Good luck with your system and if you need amp advice this is the place to ask most of the guys who post here have been doing caraudio since before i was even born ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Cybernetik
    edited June 2003
    I understand your apprehension but the OptiDrive series is the competition line. Check out this link and read the customer reviews.

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/LANOPTI10001D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    oh i've seen the optidrive ... there was a 450 x 2 or 500 x 2 at 2 ohm one that this kid was going to get... i told him "lanzar bad, dont do it" -- he showed me the spec page and i was like "well.... if its even remotely true to spec... and u're this hardup on it, try it just make sure u can return it".

he tried it.

............................. then it smoked.

he got another one.

............................ then it sounded so bad he returned it.

but to each his own.

if i've learned anything it is that sometimes, low line companies can make a product that, while not great, is "good enough" for the user in question. i had, and still do own, an Optimus (radio shack) 73 x 4 watt four channel... bought it for 170 bucks at RS for my first system (4 polk DB 6x9's in a dual iso chamber ported box -- sounds complicated but it was the most ghetto built thing god ever put on earth -- just two speakers per chamber of the box with two 3" diameter holes at the bottom of each chamber -- hel i forget the air spacing but it fit perfect behind the seat -- speakers firing up from behind me).... anywho -- now its in my grandfather's truck... running 4 coax and a sub... it does the job.

far as competition grade -- lanzar hasn't been competition grade in as long as i can remember. Lightning audio can make a Fast and the Furious red colored Bolt amp, that doesnt' mean its worth a damn, Pioneer slaps "Competition" on these dual bandpass boxes at best buy -- its the furthest thing from comp-grade you're gonna find anywhere.

hell kicker has a whole like of subs called " Competition " -- Kicker Comp. and Comp VR -- while the VR's are a worthy sub, the Comp's are again the furthest thing from comp grade around.

i looked at your page -- nice lookin car.

good choice in subs and components... nice clean and well done install.

i've gotta give you props for the dynamat -- if that **** actually stuck to your trunk lid and hasn't fallen off then you did something right... in 4 attempts i can never get dynamat to stick and hold to a trunk lid -- it'll stay on door panels, on walls, on mdf, on the floor, even on the firewall... but no way in hell can i get it to hold to a trunk lid.

and that wrecked blue car at the end -- steal the rims !!!!

polk probably will never post up your pics...

hell they hate me -- then again the **** i sent in was pretty damn **** looking.

its like night and day between my old sys and new sys -- maybe it was getting rid of the polk that helped *cough cough* .. just kidding...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited June 2003
    I just wanna point out that Lanzar does make one good amp. The Vibe 1200D is probably the best thing Lanzar has put out since the old Opti. I actually had one of these amps and fried it when I pulled my subs outta my truck and my dumbass little cousin turned my truck on while the speaker wires were exposed and laying on my metal floor pan. But it was actually an underrated 1200 watts at 1 ohm, and when I ran it at 1, it never even heated up. I'm not a "Lanzar Lover," but I had to point that out.
    Oh I also had a pair of their best components which I really liked. This was a couple years ago... not sure if it was before the buyout or not, but the midbass on that was a B and the tweet I would have considered an A.
    "The Big C"
  • Cybernetik
    edited July 2003
    I know, I know. I would have got the Mtx 81000D instead but I got the Lanzar for $220 shipped to me and my credit card was getting pretty warm by that time. I haven't had any problems with either of the Lanzar amps and I can crank it without any distortion louder than my ears can take.

My secret on the Dynamat is using a tennis ball and rubbing like crazy all over for about 30 minutes.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    a tennis ball -- INGENIUS!
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge