R12 LF & HF connection

Options
I've had my R12's for around 7 years now and just noticed that my tweeters did not work anymore, so I just ordered 2 new ones here and received them yesterday...

Well, anyway, they're blown again!!!

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong... In the instructions it says you can separate the hig-frequency and low-frequency spkr connections through a regular amp with 2 speaker out/ins.. So, I tried this with my JVC amp which has spkr 1 and spkr 2...Also, I disconnected the jumper (a brass plate) that connects the LF/HF spkr connections on the back of the R12's...

Anyway, when I turned the amp on to test to the new tweeters, a high-pitched sqealing sound appeared with just spkr 1 on on the amp, and when both spkr 1 and spkr 2 were on, there was no sound from the spkrs... With just spkr 2 on, only the bass frequencies happened, but I could never get both spkr 1 and spkr 2 to work together...

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong... It say's to "Bi-amp
" ? Does this mean to use a bass amp only and a HF amp only?

I'll call Polk today and see if they have a tech help person...

Thanks for any replies in advance... I love these speakers, but I can't seem to get them to work, or work without blowing the tweeters??? Is it correct that you can connect the 2 Polk spkr in/outs for the high-frequency and low-frequency, with the jumper off to just a reqular stereo with 2 spkr in/outs? Or, was I supposed to keep the Jumper on???