Trying to order online and having problems

Options
N17RO
N17RO Posts: 4
edited September 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Can someone help?

I've sent 2 emails to the Polk contacts regarding buying a system online and having them shipping to Dubai. I've had no responses in days and their site wont let me change the shipping or billing to anything other than USA. I've registered with them with my UAE address so I dont know what the problem is.

It would be nice if they could let me know what to do. We dont have a Polk dealer anywhere here so the only other option is either JL or Infinity and I'd rather stick with Polk.
:(
Home System
Panasonic Viera 65"
Yamaha 3030
Fronts Yamaha NS777s
Presence fronts Yamaha NS333
Centre Yamaha
Surrounds TSi500
Surround Rears TSi200
Rear Presence TSi200
MicroPro 4000 front
Yamaha something to the rear
Left and Right subs PSW111 x2

Car
Kenwood double din touch screen

Focal utopia fronts
Focal K series 5.25" rears
Focal 13.5" subs in the rear

Focal FPS2300RX for the subs with 2 hi caps
Focal FP 2.150 for fronts
Focal FP 2.150 for rears
Post edited by N17RO on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,594
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I will call them for you and see what I can find out for you. They do not open until 9:00 EST so we're gonna have to wait it out for a short stint.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • N17RO
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thank you very much!
    Home System
    Panasonic Viera 65"
    Yamaha 3030
    Fronts Yamaha NS777s
    Centre Yamaha
    Surrounds TSi500
    Surround Rears TSi200
    Rear Presence TSi200
    MicroPro 4000 front

Car

Focal utopia fronts

Focal FP 2.150 for rears
  • treitz3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm on the phone with them now. Hang loose for a moment....
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OK, I've got some good news and bad news for you.

Bad news first. No online orders can be accepted for out of US sales. Apparently, their system is not set up to accept foreign bank transactions. This is why you have had issues with the online ordering.

Now for the good news. There is an international dealer in Dubai that can get you the speakers. The contact to get the ball rolling on this would be Steve Reed [actually out of London]. E-mail him directly at sreed@polkaudio.com

If you have any issues with the e-mail or want this expedited, they have also provided me with his contact number - 011 44 1582 418 618. Good luck and happy listening!
  • N17RO
    edited September 2010
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Bad news first. No online orders can be accepted for out of US sales. Apparently, their system is not set up to accept foreign bank transactions. This is why you have had issues with the online ordering.

Now for the good news. There is an international dealer in Dubai that can get you the speakers. The contact to get the ball rolling on this would be Steve Reed [actually out of London]. E-mail him directly at sreed@polkaudio.com

If you have any issues with the e-mail or want this expedited, they have also provided me with his contact number - 011 44 1582 418 618. Good luck and happy listening!

Excellent news!

Thank you again.
    Home System
    Panasonic Viera 65"
    Yamaha 3030
    Fronts Yamaha NS777s
    Centre Yamaha
    Surrounds TSi500
    Surround Rears TSi200
    Rear Presence TSi200
    MicroPro 4000 front

Car

Focal utopia fronts

Focal FP 2.150 for rears
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good job Tom!! ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited September 2010
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

There are also a few international dealers in Nigeria. All they need is your bank account number to verify that money was send out of it and first/last name, phone number and mailing address so they know where to ship your speakers ;)
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1