Jl audio subwoofer

BigBoneDee
BigBoneDee Posts: 27
edited June 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello. I won 2 JL audio 10w3v2 subs on Ebay 2 weeks ago and will only use one.
I am selling the other for 150.00 . I paid 334 for both and yes they are new and in box.

I am hoping to sell locally in NYC.
Post edited by BigBoneDee on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2003
    Good luck, I think you are in the wrong place to be trying to sell JL Audio anything. I'd say congrats on winning the auction but I don't see it as a benefit.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BigBoneDee
    edited June 2003
    Excuse me but I know you are wrong by the comment you just made. Either you know I am in the wrong place or you think I am i the wrong place. Since you said you think I am in the wrong place by trying to sell Jl audio here then you just went ahead and blurted out your comment for what reason?

Before posting here I read the other posts and saw all brands of everything else being dicussed here so what whats the problem.

Hey I have Polk Audio for my home entertainment but for car stereo you have to be kidding if you dont respect the name Jl audio as far as subs go.

I just think your comment was rude . If infact if I am not allowed to offer Jl audio for sale here then I will expect the moderator to handle it.
  • Jstas
    edited June 2003
    Fool. You can offer anything you want but you will find an overwhelmingly low opinion of anything from JL except thier stealth boxes.

I have no respect for JL. They are all hype and I can better thier performance for less cost.

I was merely trying to warn you that you are wasting your time offering it for sale here. I doubt you will have any takers. I could be wrong but the odds are in my favor.

As far as whether I'm wrong or not, it's my personal opinion, based in experience. If you don't like it tough nuggies. I assure you though, I am not wrong. Opinons cannot be quantified or qualified so therefore cannot be proven right or wrong.

• BigBoneDee
    edited June 2003
    I have no respect for someone who calls another a fool so now you have demonstrated you can be wrong twice in two posts.

I wasnt looking for opinions on the subs . If you are not interested then dont buy them . Like I said I assume I can sell audio stuff here and you mention in your second post that yes I can so whats te big deal. I have 2 PM inquiries on the subs and when they are sold then they can post if they want and you can take a shot at them too.

Everyone has an opinion its just that sometimes you have to know when to voice yours.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    Big -- actually you are showing yoruself to be the fool

anyone who'll pay 340 bucks for two JL 10w3's is out of their frickin skull.

they're worth about 50 - 60 each used // 100 new in box... and that's not taking into account the fact that i absolutely loathe JL Audio.

if you take that into accoutn its even less of a money factor.

whoever took you for 170 each must be laughing their **** off right now.

far as selling one for 150 -- like Jstas said, good luck... your'e in a board with people who swear speakers that make JL audio look like piddily poo.

I actually am hoping u can get 150 for the one... i feel bad u got ripped for 340 -- u gotta shop ebay better dude, u can get those for 200 per pair + 30 shipping
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • BigBoneDee
    edited June 2003
    Poweredbydodge I will give you exactly 1 week to point me in the direction of where to buy a brand new JL audio10w3v2 and not the JL audio 10w3 for a 100 bucks . Talk all you want but you were the one who made the statement so back it up. Nuff said.

We will all be waiting so start hunting and dot back out now by saying you dont want to waste your time or some other excuse.

This post started as me just selling a sub but now I guess it has become a post of opinons so go ahead and find me the JL audio 10w3v2 for 100.00 .
  • Jstas
    edited June 2003
    Ah, so again, I am wrong because I think you are a fool. I see how it is.

Again, JL Audio is not worth my time or effort. It's all hype sold to the wee little teenagers whose young and impressionable minds buy into the hype 100%. What's that saying about a fool and his money?

I have had personal experience with JL Audio stuff. You know what? I hate it. It's not worth the money it takes to print the box. I'm torn out JL Audio subs from stealth enclosures and replaced them with much cheaper yet much better subs. My favorites are the 200 dollar JBL GTO series DVC subs. They work very well in those stealth boxes.

JL Audio is like Bose. Alot of hype and an inflated price tag for nothing special. Truncated performance that the uninformed think is wonderful, only because they haven't heard anything better yet.

I don't need to give proof. I speak from experience. When I started car audio about 11 years ago, I was building cars that were winning local IASCA sponsored competitions and I was doing it with Hifonics amps and MTX and Kicker subs. JL was a nobody at the time and in my opinion, they still are a non-player that just got lucky.

And as far as opinions go, opinions are like ****, everybody's got one, it's just that some stink worse than others.

But I guess I'm wrong again.

• BigBoneDee
    edited June 2003
    Nope you are right this time. Hows that?
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2003
    hehehe... Bose sucks... Seriously though if you're going to spend that much look into B&W for home audio (don't get me wrong i love polk)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    best cheap home audio....

carver rack mount amps and modules.

speakers are a bloody toss up.

whats the diff btwn the v2 and the "v1" i'd guess u'd call it.. of the w3 -- new is new -- if there is no more than a cosmetic difference then that's not a valid point. if they're is a design change - then new product, regardless of qualilty, will retain an internet price near its msrp for a while until its been out for a while --- then the wholesalers get ahold of it.
  • BigBoneDee
    edited June 2003
    Subs are sold thanks to all who showed their brotherly love and now this fool bids all a farewell.
  • Jstas
    edited June 2003
    Oh, you'll be back. All I gotta do is post something and you'll just have to reply.

But, anyway, get bent.

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited June 2003
    I just wanted to point out that my friend bought two new JL 12w3v2's from a local shop here for like 149 each. That is all.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    149 retail = 100 - 120 ebay ...

thanks for the backup Cman :)

the wizard of ebay is still wizardly... er somethin -- god its 3 am.. wtf am i doin up.