Looking for new sub/amp

Options
desantisjmd
desantisjmd Posts: 18
edited September 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have been borrowing a soundstream Vangogh VGA800.2 along with 2 10' polk audio mm subwoofers...
And I must say I'm very impressed with how good it sounds and how powerful it is.

Anyway I'm in the market for a new setup and was looking for recommendations.

Subs I have been looking at:
HEX Pro Subwoofers (diamond audio) 10'
earthquake SWS-10
Eclipse SW800 series 10' subwoofers
Image Dynamics IDMAX 10' subwoofer (possible space issue?)
polk audio 10' mm subwoofers (I hopefully dont need to include link :cool:)

I basically looking for recommendations on a good clear sounding 10' subwoofer that really kicks.
Any information pertaining to the subs im looking at would help greatly also. Thanks.

*note* I will be installing a double enclosure with 2 of the subs that I finally select.
Post edited by desantisjmd on

Comments

• chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Are you looking for a new amp as well or will y ou still have the 800.2? What is your budget?

You can't go wrong with mm or id-max. I would go with the id-max, but if space is a concern go with the mm. You should be able to achieve more spl with mm if you were to run 1800rms into the mm vs the id-max.

Funny thing, a friend of mine recently got gain happy and destroyed his new id-max less than a day when he received it hahaha.
  • desantisjmd
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No unfortunately I will be giving back the amp also.

I'm not spending over 1,000 at this point in time, but yes I am also in the market for amps..
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2010
    Options
    $1000? I could stir your guts with that...
  • chu
    edited September 2010
    Options
    that is a healthy budget with amps.

I would get 1 idmax 10 pushed by a pdx m12. But since you're looking for 2 subs, 2 mm104 with pdx m12 should fit the bill.
  • desantisjmd
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think I'm going with two idmax 10' or 12'. Depending on which I can find a better deal on.
    A 12' idmax just went for 150 on ebay... Almost won it.
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have a PDX 1000 and it frickin' rocks! So I can attest to Alpine's amps. I have no reason to get a new mono but would love to get the new M12 simply because I think of the remote bass control. But I mean overall excellent sounding amp and I don't think you can get much better for the money. :) Just my .02
  • chu
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Why not look at the Polk SR subs if you are OK with going through non-vendors. You should be able to get two and a nice amp to power them with that kind of budget.

^qft