A good tri-mode amp

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I am looking for a good tri mode amp. I have a momo 10 and alpine type r 6.5s.. Any ideas on this one? I don't want two amps unless absolutely necessary..

Thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Tri-mode? Are you planning on running a pair of stereo speakers and a sub off of a stereo amp? If so, youcan use almost any stereo amp anymore but you will need a special crossover network. They aren't cheap either and you really can run gobs of power through them.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    That was my idea..I am trying to avoid 2 amps but I still want good sound...

tks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    or maybe a rockford amp with about 200 watts for the sub and then a 2 channel alpine or something...just trying to keep it simple
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Well, if you want high power, get a 5 channel amp and bridge teh front outputs and the rear outputs into 2 stereo channels and leav the sub output for the sub. That will give insane power levels for your stereo speakers.

But if you want a tri-way crossover, you aren't going to be able to run much more than 200w x 2 peak. That leaves you lacking in the power department if you want it loud. Also, the Tri-way crossovers can be noisy.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I was thinking about a 5 channel amp.. that would be huge power! C-field has the polk ex components for 150 bucks...is this a good deal and a good alternative the type r alpines. I was checking out the US acoustic amps..seem too good to be true for what they are "supposedly pushing" as far as wattage goes...Has anyone heard anything about those?

tks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    Options
    if u only have ONE PAIR of speakers, then why not run a 4 channel? -- bridge the rear to the sub -- run the fronts off the stereo section.

do like a 90 - 100 x 4 -- cost ya like 3 bills maybe // 200 ebay (referencing something like an mtx 6304 -- which normally i'm no fan of , but hey).

ideally for this appy i'd do something like a hifonics that puts a nice solid 100 x 4 on themarket.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited July 2003
    Options
    also ckeck polk/momo the 400.4 is 4/3/2 channle !

are you looking for stero seperation or something that so decent
    cause a four channel would be your best bet unless you want to run POWER to the sub then the five chammle would be best then you could run rear fill.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing