RT woofers

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited June 2003 in Speakers
hmmmm now origionally i did this just to be a loser and match the tri lam thread but i actually thought of a good question, or atleast something to ask, about the rt woofers.

we'll use the rti70 and the rti100 since i am most familiar with them.

now the rti70 has 2 midrange drivers right? and the rti100 has 1 midrange driver and a powered subwoofer. now i would imagine that the rti100s only having 1 midrange driver would be the reason for their small lack in the midrange department. so then how do th rti70s produce bass if all they have is midrange drivers? does the xover send two different signals to each of the drivers or do they get the same signal

i realize this is probably basic speaker knowledge but hey where would i be if i didntk now the basics?

thanks to all u eople out there that are kind enough to help us newbies :D
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,072
    edited June 2003
    Options
    If Im not mistaken, the bottum woofer picks up less midrange, and more bass. That is why it is called a 2.5 way also. Yeah, the middle woofer or possibly the bottum woofer picks up most of the midrange, then a completely different signal is sent ot the bottum or middle woofer. Which ever is the bass driver, picks up some midrange, and mostly bass. The midrange woofer picks up mirange, and some bass. It all works as a whole. But I have heard the RTi70, VERY clean/clear/detailed midrange, with TIGHT/Accurate Bass. Awesome speaker. Havnt messed around with the 100 tho. By The way, did you get this idea from the Tri-Lam thread, when I said we should start a thread about RT woofers?

Hey...WHY ARE THEY BLUE??? Not that im complaining...I think their ella cool lookin.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    HERE WE GO!

2 1/2 way systems have recently entered the hi-fi market of loudspeaker design. This design employs 2 bass/mid-bass drivers usually identical in design and size and a tweeter. Usually the bottom woofer is crossed over to produce bass frequencies below 200Hz and the top woofer is crossed over to produce midrange frequencies between 200Hz - 4KHz.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Unfortunately, the 'dual driver' RT series are still 2-way speakers. I thought they were 2.5's, but after receiving some RT55 crossovers, both midbass drivers are wired to the same leads.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    really?????? That blows eggs...I want some RT55i, or some 3way-2.5way-el any speaker with Dual woofers. I need bigger mains.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2003
    Options
    that makes me like my rti100s even more :D lol

they sound great with my cs245i and sound amazing alone