need opinions on setting up sound system for honda pilot 06

Options
nic
nic Posts: 1
edited September 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
im planning to set up polk sound system on my pilot 06. thinking of having having SR speakers component on front doors and back, and a 12" SR subwoofer. would a amp PA 1100.5 be enough for the speakers and subs? need ideas if this is would be a good set up. need any suggestions. ty.
Post edited by nic on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Run the sr components up front with a sub. You don't need a pair at the back. If your hu allows you to set an active network, biamp the components and go that route. If you're running a stock hu, I would look at upgrading that too.

If your sub is a dual voice coil which you can run at 2ohms and you set up an active network as above, each component driver will get about 80 watts and the sub will get around 450 watts. That should be plenty.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,778
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Buy a Cadillac Fleetwood. Biggest sound stage on four wheels.
  • chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited September 2010
    Options
    nic wrote: »
    im planning to set up polk sound system on my pilot 06. thinking of having having SR speakers component on front doors and back, and a 12" SR subwoofer. would a amp PA 1100.5 be enough for the speakers and subs? need ideas if this is would be a good set up. need any suggestions. ty.

I'm assuming that you will run this in a passive setup (you're going to use the crossover that came with the sr components), and yes that amp will be enough to drive your comp and sub.

I'm curious what is your reason for running rears?

Personally I would bridge the front components and run the sub off the sub channel and lose the rears. If you really want to have rears, you should run the rears off deck power and use the factory speaker.