Fing hate BOSE

Options
Monster Jam
Monster Jam Posts: 919
edited September 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Got a used car ('05 Trailblazer) last week. It has a factory Bose in it. Sounds like utter garbage. I had a old Q45 that had a factory Bose in it - easily the worst sounding stock stereo I ever had. The Trailblazers is a close second.

The worst part is the extra work (and cost) involved in ripping out this garbage. :mad:
Do you hear that buzzing noise? :confused:
Post edited by Monster Jam on

Comments

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have an '07(iirc) TB and I thought the radio was fine--obviously not a 2 channel dedicated rig, but on a couple occasions I was horrified by the sound coming out of it--I discovered a couple settings that always seemed to be the source of the sound issues:
    The EQ may be way off-start there.
    Also there's a button on the rear console (if it has one) that turns the rear speakers on or off (for headphone use), that can really take away from the sound (my kids always played with those buttons).
    Not sure if any of that helps but throwing it out there for ya.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have a factory bose system in my mazda 6 and I think it sounds pretty good. My only complaint is that the sub on the back dash rattles a bit but for not having spent any money on upgrades or fixes the system works wonderfully.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no highs...no lows...gotta be blows

bose...better sound through marketing...

nuff said! lol
  • monkeyleg
    monkeyleg Posts: 10
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I too get angry at the sight of the Bose logo in cars, and I immediately go on a rant about marketing and stupid people and waste of money and horrible sound and...well you get the point
  • lanchile
    lanchile Posts: 560
    edited September 2010
    Options
    no highs...no lows...gotta be blows

bose...better sound through marketing...

nuff said! lol

Bose = Buy Other Sound Entertainment
    Make it simple...Make it better!
  • catch22atplay
    catch22atplay Posts: 130
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm with the OP on this one. Have been for 30 years now. No highs and even worse no lows. Absolute junk imo.
    Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 2007
    Pioneer DEX-P99RS, IPOD Touch 64gb, Rockford Fosgate T1000-4, T600-2 & T1500-1bd CP
    Polk Audio SR speakers, 6.5's, 5.25's, SR tweets and 2 SR124-DVC subs in 1.57cu ft sealed enclosures
  • lanchile
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    My Bose radio sounds great!

Well, Good for you!
    Have you ever wonder WHY Bose is the ONLY company that DOES NOT provide the specification with speakers like frequency, spl etc? They only say they are compatible with 4/8 ohms amps. Have you ever checked the material they use in their products? first the famous cubes....lol. Those cheap 2 1/2 drivers made of manila paper and plastic enclosure, the bass module is made of cheap particle board and the crossover using the cheapest components ever and that is just the material, now lets see the big "hole" in the frequency around 600/700 hz and do the get over 16 khz at +/-3db? I can go on and on...Now let's see the Bose wave radio lol. This radio is made with the cheapest material as posible (again) and did I forget they are made completely of plastic, and now the new models they "eliminated" all the buttons on the radio lol...so that means if you ever loose the remote or if it gets damaged...you "MUST" order it from them, and do you know why they eliminated all the buttons on the radio? hahahahaha as always to save money and screw people!!!! Sorry to say this but just open your ears and listen to "real" speakers, for example lets say Polk RTi A1/A3 and you will hear music now.That was just an example, you can try another brands of course. But again there are many people that are "blind" and they do not see that they are getting ripped off, This company has the best advertisement ever, they wash people brains. But, little by little people will realized that they are OVER paying for something that is so bad That I do not find words for it lol.
    My word is stay away from Bose!!!! you can get a lot better buying something else and you will end up with money in your pockets.;)
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lanchile wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but just open your ears and listen to "real" speakers, for example lets say Polk RTi A1/A3 and you will hear music now.

I think Sal's comment was tongue in cheek. Read his signature, I think he is listening to real speakers :)
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hate is such an ugly word!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lanchile wrote: »
    Well, Good for you!
    Have you ever wonder WHY Bose is the ONLY company that DOES NOT provide the specification with speakers like frequency, spl etc? They only say they are compatible with 4/8 ohms amps. Have you ever checked the material they use in their products? first the famous cubes....lol. Those cheap 2 1/2 drivers made of manila paper and plastic enclosure, the bass module is made of cheap particle board and the crossover using the cheapest components ever and that is just the material, now lets see the big "hole" in the frequency around 600/700 hz and do the get over 16 khz at +/-3db? I can go on and on...Now let's see the Bose wave radio lol. This radio is made with the cheapest material as posible (again) and did I forget they are made completely of plastic, and now the new models they "eliminated" all the buttons on the radio lol...so that means if you ever loose the remote or if it gets damaged...you "MUST" order it from them, and do you know why they eliminated all the buttons on the radio? hahahahaha as always to save money and screw people!!!! Sorry to say this but just open your ears and listen to "real" speakers, for example lets say Polk RTi A1/A3 and you will hear music now.That was just an example, you can try another brands of course. But again there are many people that are "blind" and they do not see that they are getting ripped off, This company has the best advertisement ever, they wash people brains. But, little by little people will realized that they are OVER paying for something that is so bad That I do not find words for it lol.
    My word is stay away from Bose!!!! you can get a lot better buying something else and you will end up with money in your pockets.;)

My advice is to always listen to gear before you judge it. It's really easy to sit here and say "Bose suckz!!!" but honestly if the owner's are happy with the sound, are we in the right to deride it? If they ask for advice prior to it, I say do A and B comparisons and let them make up their own mind. If they're still happy with the sound, than it's best purchase for them.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • lanchile
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Refefer wrote: »
    My advice is to always listen to gear before you judge it. It's really easy to sit here and say "Bose suckz!!!" but honestly if the owner's are happy with the sound, are we in the right to deride it? If they ask for advice prior to it, I say do A and B comparisons and let them make up their own mind. If they're still happy with the sound, than it's best purchase for them.

I agreed! Well said!;)
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited September 2010
    Options