RMDS-1 question

Options
xuesheng
xuesheng Posts: 1
So I'm new to the forum and I've been a very satisfied RMDS-1 owner for several years. I've finally entered the 21st A/V century and invested in an HDTV and Blu Ray player (Panasonic TC-P54G25 and Oppo BDP-83). I would like to upgrade my receiver to HDMI connectivity.

Is it possible to connect my existing Polk subwoofer to a new receiver?
I have not been able to figure out a way to do so.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'd prefer to not invest in an entirely new speaker system at this point but will do what it takes.
Thanks
Steve
Post edited by xuesheng on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hello Steve,
    Welcome to the CP Forum. I'm afraid it would be very difficult to use the RMDS1 sub with another receiver. The RMDS1 controller sends a trigger signal to the sub-woofer's amplifier turning it on (and off). You wouldn't have a way of doing that with an external receiver. Also the necessary low pass filtering is accomplished in the RMDS1 processor, not in the sub. Then there's the problem of not having a convenient RCA line level input or speaker level for that matter. The DB25 cable provides all of the input and trigger connections.
    Regards, Ken
  • mig
    mig Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wow.. so disappointed to read this..
    i, too am an rmds1 owner.. the receiver is starting to 'cut out' etc.. and doesn't have all the new technology, so my wife bought me a new denon receiver for Christmas.
    i was hoping to use my rmds1 speakers, including the sub... as i do love the sound from them...

i suppose it's not a problem to use the wall and centre speakers (OR IS IT..???).. am i really out of luck with the sub..??

if so, what type of sub is recommended for my new denon receiver ..??

what can i do with the rmds1 sub...??? is it of any value to anyone... suggested sale price...??

thanks a lot.. and Merry Christmas to everyone..!!!!

mig
  • mig
    mig Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh well...

i guess i can't use them....
  • BAGANATER
    BAGANATER Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Looking to purchase RMDS1 Proccesor. Fried mine in the latest storm. Can anyone help?
  • BAGANATER
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Steve, Im new to this forum also. Im trying to find a RMDS1 I fried mine in the latest storm we just had. Mike
  • chrisclark05
    chrisclark05 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Baganater, I have mine for sale in MA Craigslist. contact me, CC
  • BAGANATER
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Chris, is the receiver still for sale?
  • BAGANATER
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Chris do you stil;l have the receiver and still looking to sell? Baganater
  • BAGANATER
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm am looking to buy a RMDS1 receiver. Love the system someone help me out. Mbbags03@aol.com
  • tkdd
    tkdd Posts: 2
    Options
    Can I still use the RMDS receiver and speakers with today’s HD TVs by connecting them through the digital audio output from the tv to the dss on the rmds receiver? Then hook up the other systems to the tv (dvd, gaming system, etc) via the hdmi cables??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    That should work fine.