Beer (and other assorted goodies)

-justin-
-justin- Posts: 891
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Considering that I'm barely legal to drink (as Micah always says) I'm interested in hearing your drink of choice. I'm taking a friend out for her 21st birthday tonight, and I'm asking myself, "What would I say is the best thing to drink?" Maybe it will enlighten me to some new beverages -- but I'm a little skeptical since I'm addicted to RedBull and Vodka. I'll try anything though.

~JB
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Suicide Sex. Forgot what it's made up of, just seems to fit the drink of choice for you.

Otherwise...

BEER

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    My personal choices:

Bombay Saphire Martini - very dry
    Gin and Tonic (Bombay again)
    Manhattan

or

Boddingtons

for a first drink, I would go with one of the first three.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    get her a 'slow comfortable screw again the wall'... no really it's a REAL drink.

my personal choice: long island ice tea. or a margarita if i'm eating mexican.
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    Ahh...loves me some margaritas. Drank 3 long island ice teas with this girl last halloween (she had 3 also), didn't realize how strong those things were until we started walking around. She ended up throwing up in a gutter while I went to look for a cab (her friend was watching her). When I found one 15 min. later, they had split - thought that I wasn't coming back or something. Best thing to ever happen, it was worth the single cab ride back home. She told me the next day she was throwing up in the cab. That couldn't have been too much fun.

~JB
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2001
    i don't know if they have it anywere else in the country but a beer i like is called "private stock" i think it is made by falstaff.

another good drink i like is lemonade and everclear we call it
    a "mean yeller" they are mean!!!

scott:cool:
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    You know, I only threw-up once.

Yeah, it goes way back to my youth, just turned 21 went to a Ralphs grocery store, bought a 1/2gallon OJ and a large bottle of Vodka with my now wife. We drank it all in the parking lot of Knott's Berry Farm and then went into the park. Boy was that an experience. Still do not remember much from that night. We left the park and then passed out in the back of my Toyota 4x, woke up around 2am, went to Denny's for a late night munch-fest then went home and exploded. I think it was the Denny's.

Anyway, never again. It's only Beer for this boy. I do not touch the hard stuff.

Thanks for the flash-back justin.
    If...
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    ...and 9 months later, you had a little girl..... amen.

~JB:cool:
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Allright....very funny smart a** :)

If...
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Ron and Justin,

you guys are killing me over here!!!!

Troy
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2001
    Vodka Tom Collins will be good to get started with, since they aren't too strong. It will be easier to work up to the long island iced teas later. Wine and champagn(?) is always good too. Don't forget about daquiri's. Also, White Russians are quite tasty, vodka, kalhua, with half & half. If made right it's about like alcoholic chocalate milk. Hope that helps.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Scott,
    That beer you are refering to is Haffenreffer Private Stock. Made by the Nasty-gansett Brewing Co.

That was a popular college beer (along with PBR streetgangs and Knickerbocker), problem is, after a sixer of that stuff, you could **** through a screen and not get any splash back. Also, inside the caps they used to have little captions and you were supposed to figure out what they meant. That got really deep sometimes.

This is the kind of stuff you give a chick right before the chloroform.

Troy
  • wangotango68
    edited November 2001
    years ago when i was a single man i drank a 6 pack of "stock"
    with a g/friend of mine passed out in the high school football field
    after i woke up went to meet her parents and pulled it off with a streight face.how i did that i will never know.it also came in convenint 40 ounce and industrial strenth 60 ounce size.good cheap buzz!

scott:cool:
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    The alcohol content on Haffe's run about 6.75 percent so it is fairly potent.....a little goes a long way.

Troy
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited November 2001
    Diet Coke with a Lemon...Or if none of that I drink Diet Pepsi, with a Lemon...

Lost my Alcohol urge since I started taking Meds for Diabetes...
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited November 2001
    jdlan-I know what you mean. I've been on pain meds and Valium for many years, no buzz the pain eats up the meds. Once I got to the heavy duty pain meds, I had to quit drinking too. There is no sensible way to mix meds with alcohol, if you want to live. I had my fun when I was younger now that I'm 36 I don't miss it. It is nice to not wake up with a hangover anymore too, real nice.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    redbull.jpg

Ohhh...yeahhh....

~JB
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    What the hell is red-bull anyway?

If...
  • CHRIS
    edited November 2001
    Ron it is one of those drinks like a Pink Lady orOrange Blossom!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Its a damn yippie-yuppie, $3.69 per 8oz 'energy drink'.

'It gives you wings'

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2001
    red bull energy drink and jagermeister.
    if any of ya'll are ever in the quarter in new orleans, make sure you try a hand grenade and a hurricane. 1 hand grenade will knock you on your ****! after that, just buy the 30oz "big **** cups of beer" that are sold on the street until you pass out in strip bar on bourbon.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • wangotango68
    edited November 2001
    is that before or after you puke?

scott:confused:
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    1 hour to go and I'll be on my way home.

Gonna grab the wife, some mexian food, a beer and sit around the new fire pit, eat, drink and then...ah...um....go watch Shrek, yeah.

If...
  • CHRIS
    edited November 2001
    Well Ron
    How did your new patio work out? As good as it looks. Hope it was!
    Chris
  • djsSHO
    djsSHO Posts: 36
    edited November 2001
    Car bomb's are sweet....
    (guiness with a shot of bailey's in the glass, usually you just drop the shot glass in and drink it)

or one of my personal fav's for women would have to be.....

Razberi Stolichnaya Vodka and Pre-sweetened Iced Tea. Tastes like raspberri iced tea, and you can't even taste the vodka if you make it right. I've gotten completely trashed on that before....ahh..such good memories...wait...i can't remember that night...;)

Beer's of Choice:
    Guiness
    New Castle Brown Ale
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout
    Bass Ale

Yeah i'm only 21 and a beer snob already...:D
    Derek S.
    1994 MTX SHO
    Polk MOMO 12"
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    Over the summer, I had a night class with a German teacher (she was the coolest!). After the final, she suggested we all get together at a local bar for some drinks. I made her drink a Car Bomb while the other students cheered "chug...chug...chug..."

Oh yeah, I got an A.

~JB
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    a shot of Bailey's ??? What kind of mickey mouse, girlie **** is that?? Done properly, it is called a Depth Charge, drop a shot of bourbon into a glass of beer, chug until gone.

If there is anything I can't stand it is girlie drinks or shots of anything less than 80 proof.

Troy
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Man, that makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. Freakin Baileys...ug

Besides, Im hurtin bad today.....

How come if I drank so much last night, I'm so thirsty today???

Russover
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2001
    Damn, I only had one beer last night. I was a good boy. Feel'in just great and perky today.

Tomorrow night though, that'll be a different story. Oh yeah, tomorrow night. Wonder if I should video tape it.

If...
  • -justin-
    edited November 2001
    What the?...what is this...memories...of last night?.... Man, I must have been sober last night! What the hell is going on!

~JB
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2001
    I'm betting that I will drink more tonight than any of you! Who's up for the challenge? Tomorrow is the big Lehigh/Lafayette football game, the nation's most-played rivalry. Tonight will be nuts! :eek:

Aaron