which one?

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
i think i asked some of you this already but i can't find the thread, or your responses lol

this summer i will have some spair change, alittle less the $700 probably, i am going to put it into my HT, right now I am torn between the marantz sr7300 which is $649 and the SVS PCi 20-39 which is $599 i think, at first i figured i'd get the nicer receiver to send a nicer signal to the subwoofer and such but since the PCi has it's own 320 watt amp do i really need a nice receiver to hear it sing?

I will end up getting both eventually but im unsure on which to get first, whatcha think?

sorry to all of you who already answered this, and sorry if im filling up the forum with the same threads over and over lol

Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited June 2003
    Options
    What do you have right now? Receiver? Sub?
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,049
    edited June 2003
    Options
    He has an aiwa receiver, and no sub. Just powered towers. Airplay, a receiver will make ur subwoofer change in sounds. One receiver has a higher quality output, some have louder outputs. It all depends on the quality of your receiver. Yamaha, mine had LOUD, BOOM BOOM bass. The Pioneer Elite has clean, accurate, punchy bass. It all differs between receivers. With you Aiwa I could imagine BOOM D BOOM.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I would buy the sub first, now, and wait on the receiver. If you do buy a powered sub, then you are correct that your receiver does not need to power it

In short... I think you'll ultimately have greater choices and better value if you wait on the receiver and get the sub now. There is a much greater possibility of increases in bang-for-the-buck in electronics than there is in speakers.

I also happen to believe the sub will give you the larger, immediate, noticable improvement over what you're currently running.
  • AJ Audio
    AJ Audio Posts: 7
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I think you should buy the manartz because their quality is good and where do you want to buy it from?
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2003
    Options
    id be buyin it from accessories4less.com. its refurbished but who cares? theres a 1 year warranty so im not too afraid about it breakin. i have talked to some people and they said good things about buying from the website so i think they are my best choice. and for $250 off? :D happy happy happy lol