most bass...least space

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I need some advice. I want the most bass in the smallest enclosure possible. Money is not a concern but space is at a premium. Ideally I want just one 10 inch speaker. Any ideas....

Thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    Options
    the momo 10 only takes up .88 ft^3 in a sealed box...thats one of the loudest speakers in the smallest box you can get
    you can make it smaller and load it with poly-fill and it will make the sub "believe" theres more room when theres not
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    What kind of wattage do you recommend?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2003
    Options
    There is already a thread in the Car Audio and Eletronics forum discussing this, with suggestions.

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10549
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    That thread has nothing to do with my question.. seriously I need some good advice about what to push this speaker with
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    Options
    the 12 is .88 // the 10 is .66 ....

regarding power -- 550 x 1 at 4 ohms bridged class AB with less than 0.5% thd in bridged mode and a damping factor of around 500 would be a nice start! :)

bare **** minimum -- 400 x 1 at 4 ohms ... less than 1% thd
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    edited June 2003
    Options
    OK moron. You asked what kind of power you need to push this sub with. If you would actually take some time, use your head for more than a hat rack and read some other threads or even, get this, the SPECIFICATIONS listed on this site, you would know what you need to push it with.

That thread has EVERYTHING to do with what you are asking. It answers your wattage question AND gives you some solid examples of what amplifiers will push that kind of wattage.

If you want to be an **** about it then go ahead. You ain't gettin anymore help from me though. Assclown.

• Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    no need to get nasty..You don't get laid much huh? You spend too much time with your head in the trunk of your car....dork..
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Jstas
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yeah, that was mature.

Shame, this "dork" has all your answers. Also, my "car" doesn't have a trunk and I've forgotten more about automotive related topics than you will ever know junior. Maybe you should take some classes in summer school so you can learn how to read. It's a shame that the school system doesn't teach comprehension though. That's something you need to use your head for.

As for my sex life, it's really none of your business. I'm sure my fiancee would have to disagree with you on that though.

• Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    thanks for the advice. i will take some summer classes.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    Options
    first off -- john gets laid all the time -- that's how he learned to be such a big dick all the time *oooh complicated humor that Jeffdog probably wont understand*

If you can't afford summer classes -- i suggest Reading Rainbow - with LeVar Burton (u know Geordi from Star Trek!)

you can learn lots of **** from good ol' Geordi.

personally, i take summer classes because i'm a lazy **** -- this helps me to become even more omnipotent and omniscient while putting out minimal effort.

now me, i spent just about 1 / 2 of my day today under the dashboard... and i'll spend all day tomorrow and the day after.

the result will be a pimped out phatty batty ride.

this will allow me to mack ho's and charm the hunnies. if you would like a ride sometime mr. clown, **** -- I can arrange for a small fee of 19.95 plus " yo mamma " .

I normally would not give two thoughts to such a situation, however, there have been probably 20 posts in the last month concerning power input to momo subwoofers... and i really dont see why you cant read.

anyway... i gotta get a move on... i've gotta get my jollies off of car audio for 2 weeks cuz my girl is in friggin maine...

"hey there little amplifier, u look dead sexy" ... see how its becoming a problem?
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    To let you know...I could care less about car stereos. I am just bored at my job making 10k a month and wanted to pass the time today...I appreciate it!

Thanks dorks
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    Options
    well i know homo-sexual prostitution paid well -- but i had no idea it paid that well -- hat's off to you ol' chap!

:D
  • Jstas
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by JEFFDOGG
    To let you know...I could care less about car stereos. I am just bored at my job making 10k a month and wanted to pass the time today...I appreciate it!

Thanks dorks

PFFFTTTTTAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Stop! You're too much!

If you could care less about car audio then why did you even bother to go buying anything from the audio aftermarket?

Did your feelings get hurt? Awwww, poor baby. Maybe next time you will know that disrespecting the people you are asking questions of is not the best way to get the answers you are looking for.

And if someone with your level of maturity and who still uses the bad bad name "dork" can get a job making 10K a month then I'm the Queen of Spain!

• Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    You guys are seriously entertaining me...My office is getting a kick out of it!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    Options
    didnt understand why you didnt see that the other post was the same question you had...but anyways
    sorry about the misinformation about how much air space
    anyways...youre going to want to look for an amp that is 500x1 @ 4ohms or so
    dont look at sony or legacy or pyle...any crap like that
    i use rockford fosgate in my truck but my amp blew...so whatever floats your boat...the hifonics amps on the other post are VERY good and probably the product of choice
    and if ur really that bored of making 10k a month, you can always spend time writing checks to...ooo i dunno...me
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Thanks Cody
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • 2fast
    2fast Posts: 24
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Kicker is badass listen to be badass .It's the best speaker you can buy.
  • Systems
    edited July 2003
    Options
    here try this any now i mean any american not **** stuff amp that can supply a min of 500 watts rms or more .

secondly the reason i say **** is crap is from my own expreince from haveing both the first was a orion cs260 and an alpine 757
    the orion beeing 220watts and the alpine was 757 watts thee alpine sounded so muddy and the orion ssounded so good bot were on tens and in a hatch i did not like the alpine and iam thinking of selling it. but i dont know yet i migh run one mm120
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited July 2003
    Options
    here try this any now i mean any american not **** stuff amp that can supply a min of 500 watts rms or more .

secondly the reason i say **** is crap is from my own expreince from haveing both the first was a orion cs260 and an alpine 757
    the orion beeing 220watts and the alpine was 757 watts thee alpine sounded so muddy and the orion ssounded so good bot were on tens and in a hatch i did not like the alpine and iam thinking of selling it. but i dont know yet i migh run one mm120
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing