monsters, inc.

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited November 2001 in Music & Movies
did anyone else see this movie? i thought it was great! saw it opening nite. the animation was incredible. sully's hair was very well done, escpecailly when he's banished and laying in the snowfield. just amazing what pixar can pull off. the story line was actually alot stronger than i thought it would be. just a good, fun, upbeat movie. very enjoyable! i highly recommend seeing it while it's still in theaters, escpecially if you have kids. as for the star wars episode II teaser trailer. i was a little dissapointed. the darth breathing thing was cool, but the pan across still faces for the first couple of seconds and not showing (in my mind) great action shots left me wanting more. i know that's the point of a teaser trailer. but there was nothing flashed on the screen that made me say holy s**t, i can't wait to see that! of course, i'll be there opening nite...
Post edited by juice21 on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Yeap, the family is treking to the theater this weekend to go see it.

My first time to go back to an actual movie theater in over a year.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    damn, a year with no movie theater exeriences! enjoy:D
  • Sumfaulk
    Sumfaulk Posts: 1
    edited November 2001
    Took my 2 1/2 year old grandson last night, he loved the movie, cried when it was over. I agree, the animation was superb, and the screenplay was a nice story. All in all a pleasant experience.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    glad you and your grandson enjoyed it! welcome to the forum:)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2001
    How's the sound, eh?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    the theater i saw it in wasn't the best around. my favorite theater is an hour away, but wasn't up to the drive for the movie. it still seemed very 'full', good use of the digital soundtrack. the theater seemd to have the center channel a bit low. the voices at the beginning seemed very soft and overweighted by ambient sounds, a few minutes into the flick this seemed to adjust itself, or my ears just got used to it. i think when this comes out on dvd, the soundtrack will be great. especially with the end sequence, but i don't want to ruin it for you.