Ideas for stopping rattles thread

sc2_ct
sc2_ct Posts: 9
edited June 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Not sure if this is in the right place, or if it should have gone in Fabrication, so if I posted in the wrong place, I'm sorry. Anyway, I am sure that everyone has had to figure out new ways of stopping rattles and buzzing in their cars, and I was thinking that it would be nice to have a thread where people could post their tips for getting rid of them. Here are a few of mine:

Use cloth tape (not duct tape) underneath wires that are run behind and under panels and then use another piece to secure the wires to the first. This keeps the wires from buzzing against the metal or plastic panels in the car.

Use or cut pieces of inner-tube to create gaskets between surfaces (such as where interior panels attach). Takes care of the problem with screws and clips vibrating loose and buzzing or rattling.

Use high-quality felt carpet padding under rear-deck covers to prevent it from slapping against the metal in the rear package shelf. This used in combination with the o-rings killed half of my interior rattling.

Use o-rings on both sides of the bolts that hold tailight/flex panel assemblies in.

Use hood liner or other adhesive backed material on the back of your license plate to keep it from slapping against the trunk/bumper. Also remove or put a gasket between license plates and plate frames/covers.

I'm sure I've missed a few tricks that I've used, but I'll post 'em whenever I think of 'em. So, what are all your ideas and tricks?
Post edited by sc2_ct on

Comments