PB1 ISD Sub ???

Options
donahue
donahue Posts: 125
Hi,

Does anyone own this sub and if yes, could I get some feedback regarding it? I plan on buying one of these very soon and I'd like to get some impressions first.

Thanks,

Ray
Post edited by donahue on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by donahue
    Hi,

Does anyone own this sub and if yes, could I get some feedback regarding it? I plan on buying one of these very soon and I'd like to get some impressions first.

Thanks,

Ray

izafar owns one - search this forum for his comments.

It is essentially the sonic equal of the 25-31PCi cylinder sub with a 22 Hz tuned port. Same amp, same driver, same approximate internal volume, same port size, etc.

I have heard the 25-31PCi so I can tell you what to expect. Hard hitting, accurate, deep, clean. It will make you forget your PSW300 after about 5 minutes of playing your first big bass DVD.

Let me know if you have any more questions about SVS. I'm very familiar with the product line and the company.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I own it and am VERY HAPPY with it. I spent this weekend on some serious music listening, and I was smiling all the way long. This sub blends very well with my RTi70s and reveals a lot of music information in the low notes (which was previously hidden in the boomy sound of previous sub).
    And the movies now have a whole new character to them. Last night I was watching Titan AE and the whole apartment was shacking. This movie is insane with bass. I ultimately decided to stop the movie so that I can watch it in a daytime when there is less chance of disturbing the neighbors.

This sub is highly recomended and you cant find anything better at this price point.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • Dr. Spec
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by izafar
    I own it and am VERY HAPPY with it. I spent this weekend on some serious music listening, and I was smiling all the way long. This sub blends very well with my RTi70s and reveals a lot of music information in the low notes (which was previously hidden in the boomy sound of previous sub).
    And the movies now have a whole new character to them. Last night I was watching Titan AE and the whole apartment was shacking. This movie is insane with bass. I ultimately decided to stop the movie so that I can watch it in a daytime when there is less chance of disturbing the neighbors.

This sub is highly recomended and you cant find anything better at this price point.

Ahhh.......yet another satisfied SVS customer.

Let's see:

1) Great with music - non-boomy, blends well with the mains, and much deeper extension that reveals previously unheard low notes.

2) Controls the room with an iron fist on DVDs, giving movies an entirely new character.

3) Cannot be beat at the price point.

Yep, that about sums it up. Time to click "order" on the website, Ray. :)

Doc

SVS
  • donahue
    donahue Posts: 125
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Doc,

Thanks for the input. I'll be hitting order very soon! I will also be ordering a pair of FXi30s for surrounds.

Ray

izafar,

How long does it take to get one of these beauties?

Thanks,

Ray
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited June 2003
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!!
    How can I convince my wife that my little POS Technics sub isn't good enough?
    Oh well, I guess I can live vicariously through you for the moment;)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Ken, order first, ask questions later! :)

Seriously, just order it and let her hear the difference. Then you'll get to keep it.

If she has some hearing disorder and can't tell the difference and is flipping out, then you can take advantage of the return policy.
  • ken brydson
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by fireshoes
    Ken, order first, ask questions later! :)

Seriously, just order it and let her hear the difference. Then you'll get to keep it.

If she has some hearing disorder and can't tell the difference and is flipping out, then you can take advantage of the return policy.

No, I like my nuts where they are, thank you.
    I'll get one, just a matter of time. I usually get what I want..........eventually;)
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited June 2003
    Options
    How can I convince my wife that my little POS Technics sub isn't good enough?
    Well It took me more than six months to convince her.
    How long does it take to get one of these beauties?
    I ordered it on day before the memorial day weekend, therefore it took 10 days. Normally one should get it in 7 days.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • ken brydson
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Only 6 months? You da man!!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    Ahhh.......yet another satisfied SVS customer.

So True!!!

Is that 4 or 5 fellow polksters with SVS subs?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Dr. Spec
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    So True!!!

Is that 4 or 5 fellow polksters with SVS subs?

HBomb

Oh hell, Henry - more than that if you count the members who don't hang around the forum much.

BTW, what was the final resolution on your subs and set-up and calibration, etc.

Doc

SVS
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ken brydson
    No, I like my nuts where they are, thank you.
    I'll get one, just a matter of time. I usually get what I want..........eventually;)

Yeah, I'm sure your wife keeps them safe in her purse! :eek:

j/k
  • ken brydson
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by fireshoes
    Yeah, I'm sure your wife keeps them safe in her purse! :eek:

j/k

Yeah, where she can give 'em a squeeze every once in a while just to make sure I'm paying attention:rolleyes:
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2003
    Options
    women :rolleyes: