Amp Question

Options
blervick
blervick Posts: 1
edited July 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just bought 4 MM651UM speakers for my new pontoon. I am pretty new to hooking all of this stuff up on a boat and am not sure where to go. Here is what I am thinking. I want to add a sub to these speakers as well as two outdoor ones that I can operate via a toggle switch for when I am off the boat. I want the outdoor speakers to be hooked through the switch so they are not on all the time. Any suggestions on what to do for a marine amp? Do I need two? How many speakers can I hook to one channel?
Post edited by blervick on

Comments

• frosty2k
    frosty2k Posts: 39
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm not clear on your setup. You have 4 MM speakers on the boat. I assume they are powered by a 4 channel head unit?

You also have two speakers on shore that you want to power from the boat head unit, but you want to have it switchable so that either the boat speakers, or shore speakers are on at one time? Am I getting that right?

As for how many speakers you can run off one channel, 'in theory' you can run as many as you want as long as you wire them to maintain the correct ohm resistance. You will have diminishing power levels as you add more speakers though.
    /////ALPINE INA-W900 HU
    /////ALPINE PXA-H100 DSP
    polkaudio SR5250
    JL Audio HD600/4
    polkaudio SR124DVC
    JL Audio HD750/1

"In this house, we obey the Laws of Thermodynamics!"