Distribution Network

Options
frosty2k
frosty2k Posts: 39
edited July 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi Polkies!

I’ve been slowly acquiring my Polk SR gear for over a year now due to cost and time constraints, and Polk gear being difficult to find in my neck of the woods without paying a small fortune for it. I now have a deadline of August 22, since that is the weekend that I’ll be moving out of my ‘rents place and away from all the extra tools and garage that will make the install go smoothly.

I’ve decided on, and finalized all my parts, except for the electrical network. So far I’ve decided to go with KnuKonceptz for the electrical and speaker wire, and was going to go with their battery terminals and distribution blocks, but am leaning away from this. Some recent reviews I read changed my mind, as it sounds like their battery terminals are made of soft metal, and the screws that clamp them down can easily strip themselves. I’m assuming their distro blocks are of a similar quality.

So my question to all of you is, who makes the best terminals and distribution blocks? So far I’ve looked at Stinger, Tsunami, Streetwires, and JL Audio. It's difficult to tell if there are any positives or negatives to them, other than style. I don’t really care how they look that much, but they absolutely must be built solid if they will be my primary battery connections going forward. Loose connections are the devil!

Thanks!
/////ALPINE INA-W900 HU
/////ALPINE PXA-H100 DSP
polkaudio SR5250
JL Audio HD600/4
polkaudio SR124DVC
JL Audio HD750/1

"In this house, we obey the Laws of Thermodynamics!"
Post edited by frosty2k on

Comments

• Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All those brands are pretty good. Tsunami would be my last choice. Metra owns them and I feel they are not as good. JL Audio, Stinger and Streetwires are the same in my eyes however I do love the JL Audio Blue RCA cables. But anyone of the three will work great for you.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ive always used RF gear and wires for my audio and its never failed me. May not be the cheapest...but I've had some of it...and used distro blocks in 3-4 different installs...as well as the use holder under the hood. I've also never seen RF wire corrode on my and I've always had great sound...since I'm an SQ guy... quality has to be there... Just my perspective... everyone may tell you diff.
    Street wires I would also use ... good luck and keep us updated