Pioneer PL-8 Turntable

Options
BuckeyeTim
BuckeyeTim Posts: 483
edited July 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
I recently (today) acquired a Pioneer PL-8 turntable from a friend. The same friend that has my old Polk S-10s. He picked it up at a sale along with a Marantz 2230 something, 2238 or 36 I think, a brand new in the box SuperScope 15 watt receiver, 4 sets of speakers including a set of 7c's with peerless tweets (they WILL be mine!), and this turntable all for $200.

I gave him a half dozen albums as he was interested in seeing my fascination with vinyl. I gave him 3 clean and 3 uncleaned (no scratches) albums so that he could see the difference. Well, long story short...vinyl isn't his thing. He has no desire to go through the ritual and prefers the radio.

So,...I have another turntable that I have no idea what to do with or if it is even worth its weight in plastic.

I can't find much about it online other than it cost $300 new back in the day. It has original cartridge and the whole thing is in pretty darn good shape. There are the scuffs on the cover, but no broken hinges and the original little pads are still on corners of cover. I also have the original box and warranty card, but no manual.

I don't have anything in it. It was hot at work tonight and he gave it to me for the price of a bottle of Pepsi.

Anyone know anything about it? I was actually thinking about doing a Karma with it if it would be a good starter table for someone without one.

Tim
PL-8.jpg 286.2K
Post edited by BuckeyeTim on

Comments