Jungle Book 2

Options
avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited June 2003 in Music & Movies
I bought this for the kids yesterday. Overall not to bad for a Disney sequal. Of coarse it is a very predictable movie. And Disney really did force all of the characters from the old movie into this one.

JB2 also has a dts option. I was very surprised at the quality of it. Not a lot of sub shattering effects in this movie. But the voices where very crisp and clear. When the use of surrounds came up it was very lively to say the least.

Overall the kids enjoyed it. So did I for the most part. Obviously the original is much better, but the purchase made it worth it alone on the kids enjoyment factor.
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• Janusch
    Janusch Posts: 132
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey avelanchefan,
    I have to agree with you. I wasn't expecting much out of this movie when the wife picked it up for the kids, but found myself impressed with how they tried to uses the surround sound.

Dave
    P.S.
    The only reason I can reply to you from Wings county is both of our teams tanked this year bad ;)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,654
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I haven't seen that one yet. It's funny, my kids enjoy HT as much as I do. They wanted to watch Lilo and Stitch the other night in "round sound" as they call it. I wasn't watching at first but when I heard the soundtrack from my office I had to come running. Very impressive LFE.
    Sorry, hi-jack now complete;)
  • Janusch
    Janusch Posts: 132
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yea that is another one I was really impressed with. The sound track was awesome, of course it helps if you like Elvis. And you sub diffently gets a work out. JBII will not give it the same work out, but none the less it is creative.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I watch all the kid movies. Except this one. I watched some, but was busy. My 2&1/2 yr old was glued. My wife enjoyed it.

Tonight was a rental of Shrek. I wish I'd bought it before.
    Make it Funky! :)