SCORED another set of RT16's........

Options
brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited June 2003 in Speakers
Well, what can I say. I'm losin real estate in this apartment of mine........lol

I'm about to get another pair of RT16's from a guy that listed them twice on Ebay without a single bid. If they check out ok, they're mine for the taking. I'm gonna have a friend of mine go out and check out the drivers (since they're in LA considering the thread here about all the blown drivers from that guy a few weeks ago) and then provided they aren't all seperated in back, then life will be good.

That'll be one pair for my bedroom set, one pair for my mains, and then the third set as my rear surrounds when I get into a bigger place and actually have room for rear surrounds.... :D
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I think I saw those, like 288 BIN or some such? I was giving those some SERIOUS thought on principle, however, I'm not in much of a position to be buying things right now....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    He originally had a BIN of $425, which I emailed him and told him that it was way too much. That auction ended with nothin and then he dropped them down quite a bit.

I bought them on principle too......couldn't pass a pair of these babies for $200........WHOOOOOO AAHHHHHHH
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Good on ya, cochese......I'm envious.

I been sitting here thinking of all the cool stuff I want to get when I get back home. The possibilities are endless.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    So I take it you like the 16's... ;)

Way to go... I take it your bud gave them the BDU (big thumbs up)....
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    I take it your bud gave them the BDU (big thumbs up)....
    Maybe it's cuz I'm not from your neck of the woods, but I'm not getting where "BDU" = "Big Thumbs Up"....... ;) Teach me brotha......teach......

Ya know, I don't know that I've ever really gone to audition other speakers to the level of deciding if I want to replace the ones that I have because I don't have a reason to. They sound incredible, and I'd say that probably about 90% of the time, I can listen to them without a SUB since they play down to some impressive levels all on their own.......

Those that have been lucky enough to hear them probably can vouch for that............
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    In my above post I didn't even answer the question.....

My friend hasn't gotten out to check the speakers out yet, but I feel pretty good about it. I'd imagine that he's going to have them bagged by this weekend, his schedule permitting.....
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22
    Maybe it's cuz I'm not from your neck of the woods, but I'm not getting where "BDU" = "Big Thumbs Up"....... ;) Teach me brotha......teach......
    Nothing to it really. Just hit the wrong key, in this case a "D" instead of a "T", then hit "Submit Reply" and wait to look stupid when someone spots your eff'd up, artificial acronym... :rolleyes:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • brettw22
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    Nothing to it really. Just hit the wrong key, in this case a "D" instead of a "T", then hit "Submit Reply" and wait to look stupid when someone spots your eff'd up, artificial acronym... :rolleyes:
    I was actually gonna credit you for trying to impersonate Sid by comin up with somethin else for us to figure out.......lol
    EDIT: eeek........credit? WTF was I thinkin........(you know what I mean)
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    :lol: Be nice...

You should check out his web-site. Link is at the bottom of his Wilson review thread. Our Sid is a serious artist and if that was his poetry, not bad there either... a little disturbed, but not bad.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,059
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Now you have what 3 pairs?

You just suck........you know when the fun wears off who to call.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    brett, you've got mail...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,073
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Brett, FUMFYTHUBLTMFS? hahahha, I better write that down, ill forget that. maybe...lol. Decifer that! lol! Tour, you gonna be spreading my link? lol! I guess I should just put a link at the bottum of my posts?? lol, to let you know - I have 3 poems on there now. lol!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Guys, let's not start anything here... OK?

C'mon Sid... Brett's thread so how's about a nice, "WooHoo, way to go. Hope you bag 'em"...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,073
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Alright, brett - you have 3 pairs now? So, you can run a 6.1 setup. That would kick arse! Post pics....pics.....pics a must.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.