Enclosure Help

Options
chilisport
chilisport Posts: 2
edited July 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a set of SR6500s that I need to break in before I install them in my car. My thought was to build a home center channel with both mids and tweets, and then running the inputs on the crossovers in series for a single 8 ohm load that my receiver can handle.

Assuming this is a decent idea (please tell me if not), how much internal volume should I give them, including ports if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Post edited by chilisport on

Comments

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Honestly, I'd suggest putting that time and effort into getting a suitable enclosure for your vehicle. Let them break in every chance you get, whether if it's on a trip to the grocery store/gym/etc.

Took my sub about a month to break in, but I do tend to go out at least twice a day minimum.

Btw, welcome to CP!

-Freddy
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just throw them in your car. Wont take long at all for them to break in. Usually with normal listening, a weeks is all youll need.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • chilisport
    chilisport Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've read that the SR's can take as long as 60 days to break-in with regular listening. From your responses, it sounds like you both have had different experiences.

Thanks for the input!