Gt5

audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited July 2010 in Video Games
Friend linked me to a pic of a model from GT5. I have to say, it looks pretty stunning. In general, and from lots of aspects, it almost looks life-like. There are still some jagged edges here and there, and I think the 'sheen' is a little too much. And I'm a little sad they left the top to the little headlight washer as they did, 'cause it just doesn't look right. But in general, still very good!

2j271h1.jpg

I figured it was of a BMW 1 series, googled some images, and here's an almost identical picture of the other corner of a 135i.

bmw_1_series_135i_coupe_2008_exterior_headlight.jpg

As you can see, very very very close. If you look real close at the black plastic around the outer headlight element in the real picture, you can make out something like "BMW DYNAMIC XENON D1S..." Now check out the outer element in the GT5 model. Not nearly as legible, but you can spot it.

Just thought you might like to see the comparison. :)

Oh, this model is, obviously, a premium model. So you can only expect this level of detail with 1/5 of the cars in GT5 when it finally comes out.
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• kingcars66
    kingcars66 Posts: 21
    edited June 2010
    And for clarification, what he means is that it has been recently announced that 800 of the game's 1000+ cars are basically ported models from Gran Turismo 4. The other 200 or so are "premium" models, like the one shown above. Dumb decision but oh well.

Anyways...wow...that's incredible detail.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2010
    Finally have all the licenses on GT4, been playing it recently, still only have 76 cars and 29% complete!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited July 2010
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Finally have all the licenses on GT4, been playing it recently, still only have 76 cars and 29% complete!

Are you playing with a force feedback wheel, Russ?
    Totally different game with one.