Well this kinda sucks...

C-Man
C-Man Posts: 307
edited June 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I own one of the Orion HCCA 15's. Well a week after I got it, (ebay) it went out on me. I found out that they don't make the HCCA's anymore and have changed them to the H2. Well I called Orion to see what they could do for me and they said for $150 they could upgrade me to the H2. So I'm thinking that's a pretty good deal, considering how much better of a sub they claim it is than the old HCCA. Well the old HCCA was rated something like 700 rms and 1200 peak...(underrated). Well when I got my system jacked, I decided to replace my amp to roughly those specs for when I got the new H2. I bought the Zapco Ref 750 (birth certificate... 949 watts rms @ 4 ohm). Great amp.

Anywho, I'm on the Orion site tonight to check this thing out again and make sure the 4 cubic foot box I had my HCCA in will be good for it. I'm looking at all the specs and come to find out the RMS rating on the new sub is 2000 watts with a peak of 2500+! So I've had this Zapco amp for less than a month now, and it seems like I'm already gonna have to be replacing it with something substancially bigger. It's a sad day in the house of King Sexy C.
"The Big C"
Post edited by C-Man on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    2000 rms / 2500 peak -- that sounds just -- ODD.

are u sure its not 1k rms / 2500 peak or 2k rms / 4000 peak? or something like that.

u might want to call orion up again - cuz maybe this is a typographical error on their website.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, I hope it's something like 1000-2000, but the HCCA I have is rated 900 rms and 1200 peak. I don't really know how they rate them. I'm gonna check into it.
    "The Big C"