Concerning New Polk/MOMO Products

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited June 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Is there a date yet of when this stuff is coming out...I want the 4x6's...lol...maybe even a month...a price...some specifics on the products...anything?
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    the nitty gritty's (specs etc) as well as the msrp's wud be nice :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    ok, who's the loser?
    lol
    -Cody
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2003
    I think the prices and release months were listed in the press release section. July I believe.

And NO I am not the loser!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2003
    Some info is on the way!
  • DGoReck
    DGoReck Posts: 5
    edited June 2003
    Was looking at cructhfield for some new rear speakers, sadly, I just took out my custom box setup with 2 Polk Audio db10 subs in a push/pull config. Was really nice and all, but the box setup killed my trunk space (Pic here ), and also the handling of the car... well since I am starting to heavily get into AutoX, I took out the box, and want to replace the rears with some nice 6x9s... welll, I cam across this link and wanted more information, and I landed in the forums.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-mqzLqkvCmkR/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=52300&I=107MMC690&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

crutchfield has Polk/MOMO MMC690 speakers ont he site, listed as a new item. For $199, expected in stock 7/7/2003

FYI

Dan
    ~~Rallye Driven~~
    '00 Subaru 2.5RS Pearl Red w/ Polk Audio MMC690's in the rear deck
    2 -10" Polk db10 subs sitting at home with nothing to do yet =[
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    ok fine...tell crutchfield...dont tell your loyal customers
    i see how it is
    lol
    btw...their new 4x6s are on crutchfield too...$119 50 watts rms...6x9s 100 watts rms(300 watts peak...typo?)
    -Cody
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2003
    That's news to me!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    well its 3 1/2 some odd iches deep -- usually junky low power handling ones are not that deep... the EXII (not junky just not high on power) were not that deep... hmm... well... i am anxious to see them in person, smack em around a little, and put em up to the torture test of my vehicle... (the 6x9's that is). i dont lik ethe carbon fiber cone -- coulda done liek a silver cone or something -- that CF stuff just looks weird to me.. and i am made to wonder about the sonic charicteristics and accuracy of a non-flat edge for producing something above thelower bass freq's
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2003
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    hmmm...sad...a 12 pushing 100 more watts than a 15...
    at least it has a higher senstivity rating...
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2003
    I'm the one who voted "NO"... I dont think the Car audio world is ready for any more polk car audio :0):rolleyes:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    sensitivity my left nut -- the best SQ woofers have low sensitivity ratings -- 84 to 87 db's is the usual for a good SQ woofer -- then again that is dependant on size (10/12/15)... but usually like 350 - 600 watts and 84-87 -- just look at focal utopia subs.
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2003
    The links don't work now. Hmm...
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    sensitivity my left nut -- the best SQ woofers have low sensitivity ratings -- 84 to 87 db's is the usual for a good SQ woofer -- then again that is dependant on size (10/12/15)... but usually like 350 - 600 watts and 84-87 -- just look at focal utopia subs.
    well generally 15s arent meant for sound quality...generally
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    true -- true -- know what's worse? -- there was like a 38" JBL or Vega sub back in the day -- or something stupid like that -- 36 or 38 -- sounded like absolute terd.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2003
    whats the word on the new momo's any pics,

i was going to buy 2 sets of mm6's i hope they dont change the looks much because i really like the red tweet
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    if its yellow i'll vomit...

red, black, purple, blue -- they all tend to blend decent with most cars.... the blues for some reason seem to look the classy-ist though... the red's the "coolest"...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2003
    The MM6's will stay the same for a while yet. We are going to offer the spoke style grill seperately for the mid.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2003
    Speakers should be black or gray. I dun need no flashy colors, they only attract attention. Nice, black, inconspicous speakers. Make's it easy to lie and tell everyone you have Radio Shack speakers and watch thier jaws hit the floor!

Then again, telling them Polk Audio gets an equally extreme reaction in the "WTF is Polk Audio?" kind of reaction. Then they get schooled.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    to this day i get mocked out regularly for owning polk audio... not that i give a damn... but its a little irritating, especially since the lower end new product really gives them a bad rap... people think a GXR is the "representative" polk speaker.... that's stupidity.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited June 2003
    Gee...I wonder who Picks on vinnie?????

I have no clue :D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    ... oh u're not hte only one, dont feel that special...lol.... everybody does. :(
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited June 2003
    Dont feel bad...I was running polk mids and tear drops.. with Linear power...when everyone else was running RF and MBQuart. Its all in fun and games.... I just wonder if its hard to get that "L" off thats stammped on the fore head:?:D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2003
    Word on the street is that Momo amps are headed your way..
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing