Polk SDA shelf speakers

Options
sgtgto
sgtgto Posts: 310
edited June 2003 in Speakers
Hi:

What do you guys think of the Polk SDA shelf speakers. They have, Front--2 Tweets, 2 =6" mids and a 10" woofer in back. They say they are in perfect condition. What year did they make these?

Gary
Post edited by sgtgto on

Comments

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I am not sure what year to what year but I do remember looking at them in the mid to late 80's. Those are the flagship of the sda crs series. What are they asking for them? Those are some awsome sounding sda's for there size if you are thinking about bagging them.:D

Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Mike's on it, those are the SDA CRS made in the mid-'80's. The SDA CRS+ was the updated model with only one tweeter made up until '91.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Gary,

Russ could chime in on this, he's got a pair and likes them. Hell, even his wife loves 'em.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • sgtgto
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hi:

They do not have the interconnecting cable with them. Would I be able to get one?

Gary
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yes you can bag an SDA interconn, or even make one yourself.

ATC has one for sale in the Flea Market, Har actually made it and sold it to him.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the BIG SDA's, but from what I have heard, I actually like the smaller (crs, 1c, 2b) better. I'm in love with CRS+ Hoosier21 has been kind enough to bless me with.

See my review of the SDA2b here:

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2170&highlight=review

Lean the bass a *tad*, and you have my opinions on the CRS (granted the 2b has a larger pr, and double the cab size). This is my main 'mancave' rig right now.

SDA CRS+ on Infinity Qb stands
    Rotel RB960BX amp
    Rotel RC971 pre
    AMC Cd8b transport
    Audio Alchemy Dac-in-the-box
    Furman Rack Rider power conditioner
    MIT Terminator 4 speaker cables
    Signal Cable interconns

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sgtgto
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hi:

What do you think these are worth.

Russ: They don't look like the ones you show in the picture.

Gary
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited June 2003
    Options
    That's because you have the SDA CRS and Russ has the SDA CRS+.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk