2002 Tahoe Speaker Rreplacement

Options
msantarc
msantarc Posts: 4
edited June 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I already posted this in the Speakers section, but wass told that this a more appropriate place.

I was wondering if anyone could tell (or point me to a FAQ or PDF ) me how to remove the panel covering the woofer in the rear of my Tahoe. The panel is built into the side of the rear compartment and I thought I'd ask before I just started yanking on things and maybe break something.
Mike
Post edited by msantarc on

Comments

• Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You have to remove a couple of things first. Remove the plastic trim pieces at the rear door entrance that goes across the top and the bottom. They are held in with clips. Next remove the panel holding the small rear left speaker just above the subwoofer. Its also held in with clips. These pieces will pop off. Now you need to remove the luggage net hook which screw into the door jam near the woofer. You can't miss it. Once these are removed their is a 9/32" or 7mm screw near the middle seat back area on this panel. you need to remove that. Next is optional but I recommend it. The trim panel on the "C" pillar needs to come off. Its right behind the rear passenger door. You need to remove the seat belt anchor then this piece will also pop off. At this point just start pulling easy from the rear of the panel and it should pop off with no problem. To remove the woofer enclosure you will need to remove the 10mm bolts holding it in. The rear left midrange is attached to the panel you will remove so it will need to be unplugged.
  • msantarc
    msantarc Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You have to remove a couple of things first. Remove the plastic trim pieces at the rear door entrance that goes across the top and the bottom. They are held in with clips. Next remove the panel holding the small rear left speaker just above the subwoofer. Its also held in with clips. These pieces will pop off. Now you need to remove the luggage net hook which screw into the door jam near the woofer. You can't miss it. Once these are removed their is a 9/32" or 7mm screw near the middle seat back area on this panel. you need to remove that. Next is optional but I recommend it. The trim panel on the "C" pillar needs to come off. Its right behind the rear passenger door. You need to remove the seat belt anchor then this piece will also pop off. At this point just start pulling easy from the rear of the panel and it should pop off with no problem. To remove the woofer enclosure you will need to remove the 10mm bolts holding it in. The rear left midrange is attached to the panel you will remove so it will need to be unplugged.

Thanks for the info. I was just afrraid to just start janking on things for fear that I'd break some kind of clip that I couldn't replace easily.