Parasound Halo P7 price?

Options
chandler9a
chandler9a Posts: 877
edited June 2010 in Electronics
Just wondering how much a used Halo P7 usually goes for?

I am looking for a pre that has HT bypass to go with my Sony Tae-9000es which I love for movies but hate for 2 channel:mad:

I was hoping to spend around $700 or so and if anyone knows of any other pre amps with HT Bypass that they would suggest I would be all ears!

This will be running some SDA SRS 1.2 TLs with Rdo's, myesound spikes, and Ben's IC cable.

The speakers are being run by two NAD 218 THX amps, one for the highs and one for the lows. Audioquest and Zu cables.

Thanks!
Post edited by chandler9a on

Comments

• chandler9a
    edited June 2010
    Options
    forgot to mention that I do own an Adcom GFP-555 and an NAD 116 but I don't think either of these have HT bypass. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Average used P7 = around $1000
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've had the Emotiva USP-1 for about a month now. Full HT bypass with adjustable high and low pass frequencies. $400 new, and if it ain't your flavor you can send it back within 30 days, or resell for little to no loss.

Personally, I'm very impressed with this unit. Details and depth are a huge improvement.
    Another alternative is the Adcom GFP-750, albeit lacking any bass management. @ or around $700-750.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You'd be pretty hard pressed to find a used P7 for $700. On average, they tend to sell in the $1000-1300 range.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • chandler9a
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys, I think the P7 might be a little too expensive but it looks like the P3 will be a cheaper option so I am going to do some research on that for now.

I also want to look further into the Adcom GFP-750.

I'm not a huge fan of emotiva so I'll probably stay away from those for now.
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Have you given any consideration to a used C-2 instead? They can be had for under 1k and provide some solid two channel performance along with HT.
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • chandler9a
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Amherst wrote: »
    Have you given any consideration to a used C-2 instead? They can be had for under 1k and provide some solid two channel performance along with HT.

I looked into it but I think I think I'd rather have a dedicated 2 channel Pre.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2010
    Options
    doesn't the P3 have HT bypass as well? There is the Parasound 2100 which you can nab for 400.00 used often or dealer demos normally run that. A used P3 can be had for around 500-600.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatran&1281824577&/Parasound-Halo-P3-high-end-mid

never mind the P3 doesn't have HT bypass that was my bad. The 2100 does for sure and I had that. Good preamp for the money IMO. I would get a phono pre if getting one however as that was the only thing I didn't care for.
  • chandler9a
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info cstmar01! tonight I will be auditioning a Cary Audio CPA-1 on the system. Not sure if I'll like it but I will report back after my father and I have our ears on it for a while.:)
  • comfortablycurt
    edited June 2010
    Options
    chandler9a wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys, I think the P7 might be a little too expensive but it looks like the P3 will be a cheaper option so I am going to do some research on that for now.

I also want to look further into the Adcom GFP-750.

I'm not a huge fan of emotiva so I'll probably stay away from those for now.

The P3's going to be my next preamp. I've yet to get my ears on it, but from a feature stand point, it's pretty loaded for it's price point. The Adcom 750 is another great choice.
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    doesn't the P3 have HT bypass as well? There is the Parasound 2100 which you can nab for 400.00 used often or dealer demos normally run that. A used P3 can be had for around 500-600.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatran&1281824577&/Parasound-Halo-P3-high-end-mid

never mind the P3 doesn't have HT bypass that was my bad. The 2100 does for sure and I had that. Good preamp for the money IMO. I would get a phono pre if getting one however as that was the only thing I didn't care for.

The P3 doesn't have HT bypass...I wish it did. That's that one drawback to it that I've seen.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • chandler9a
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I actually like the looks of the 2100! Sounds like a good candidate as well
  • comfortablycurt
    edited June 2010
    Options
    chandler9a wrote: »
    I actually like the looks of the 2100! Sounds like a good candidate as well

The 2100 would be a great choice too. I really like the HT bypass section that it has. It's internal bass management is an awesome feature.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • chandler9a
    edited June 2010
    Options
    well I am listening to the Cary Audio CPA-1 right now and my first impression is VERY refined. It is a great preamp. I wouldn't buy it for $750 but I can't say anything bad about it. It is on the smoother side for sure, maybe it needs to grow on me. I really want to hear the Parasound 2100 first to get an idea of what I like.