Ready to pull the trigger....

Options
JoshParsons84
JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
edited June 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys been a while, my damn computer crashed and I had to get a new laptop and so yeah I haven't been on in a while. Well...I am NOW in the market for some new comps up front and seen these - CDT Classic CLS50A and was thinking "Damn a 100 bucks really? I can afford that". I'm gettin my SPG reconed just gotta find a website that DOESN'T have them on backorder everywhere I look nobody has them in stock. But that's aight I'll just patiently wait. I would like to hear some feedback on those CDT's and also how they compare to my Boston SX's because if they're an upgrade from the Bostons I'm gonna pull the trigger on them. I would like to get a lil better speaks but for now this all I can afford.
Post edited by JoshParsons84 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Those were all the internet rage a couple years ago. I heard a few of them and never really cared for them, even at the price range.

If youre looking for dirt cheap components, I'd suggest these:
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19924_JBL_GTO607C.aspx
    or these:
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19448_Diamond_Audio_D3635.aspx

or polk DB's :)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • JoshParsons84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Polk DB's
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Or polk DB's :)
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not a fan of anything CDT. Dont think Ive heard a car with those that Ive ever liked.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • JoshParsons84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    OK well went through and purchased the DB Comp through Woofersetc.com for $130 shipping and all. Not a bad price I thought. After my DB's come in and I take them to my installer and tuner I'll get the Polk DB box and etc. Can't wait to hear my DB's!! Compared to my Boston SX50 can anybody provide feedback as to a comparison? Mid sound, tweet sound?
  • JoshParsons84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well my Comp's got here today!! I've got the subs on order and will probably get here around the 4th. I'm gonna hold off on gettin everything installed all at once, rewire everything to ensure I don't have any kind of wiring issues. I'm also gonna have him retune my amps and my deck and also hook my Polk DB 6x9's up. So I'll have my Alpine deck, Polk db up front, Polk db 6x9 and Polk DB 12's with an Alpine PDX-4.400 for mids/highs and Alpine PDX1-1.000 for subs. Should be pretty nice huh? I'll make a new thread in about couple weeks and update on the sound.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Try bi-amping the db's off the pdx 4ch. If your hu lets you go active then do that. Both options will be better than running rears.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice equipment now get a nice install to go with it and your in business..