Damaged mm120

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I'm having problems with my sub, I was testing it with a bass testing song and everything seemed fine, the sound was fine (no distorsion or something like it), but all of the sudden -oh that smell- began to come out of the trunk, it was the sub. the strange thing is that it seems to work just fine. Is it dying slowly?

I don't think it was the amp driving it since its a memphis of the power reference line rated at 600W X 1 @ 4 Ohms bridged.

What happened? Is it seriously damaged? can I return it? it's been less than 2 years since I bought it form crutchfield. Thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    Options
    why dont u call polk and talk to them about it -- or call crutchfield -- **** they'll prolly just give you a new one.

far as bass cd's -- they're a bad idea in general.

instead -- try techno music -- its almost as bassy, but is clean enough to not give u problems ususally.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2003
    Options
    you sub is new correct when i cot my subs new and my amps i started to smell the burnt electrical smell shut the system down and went and pushed on the sub and there was no scracthing like it was blown so i chaulked it up to the new smell and it did go away after about a weak. so i hope this help let me know
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing