*GRUNT* the "new" system...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited June 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
sounddomain sucks **** -- they didn't have half my **** in stock so i had to cancel the order and redo it....

here's what i "re" - got...

-- Xtant A4004T - 4 channel 50 x 4 regulated amp

-- MB Quart 3 way 6x9's for back

-- MB Quart 2 way 3.5" for front dash

-- Streetwires 8 gauge power line / fuseholder

-- Streetwires Zero Noise 3.5 4 channel patch cables

-- Panasonic CQDF583U headunit (plays mp3's and wma files with two 2.5 volt outs)

-- 14 gauge Streetwires speaker wire (80 feet)

now that just shipped out today and totalled bout 650 bucks i should see it by like next tuesday.

from ebay i'm getting ...

-- xtant A2002T amp ( 200 to 220 x 1 at 4 ohms bridged regulated amp). -- 130 bucks

-- unknown subwoofer. (want an IDQ 10 but im tryin to see if freddo can get me somethin cheap).

i'm cutting that deck whether he likes it or not -- and the good thing is i can run it all off one 8 gauge line (only something like 35A draw)...
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    well i picked a sub --

normally i would never use such a POS, but i suppose in one way or another it suits all my needs.. 250 rms / high efficiency (90 some odd DB's) / good sound quality (although i'm sure its gonna lack on the low end)...

infinity reference V3 12" --- only cost me 60 dollars shipped though brand new with 90 day warranty. can't beat that.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2003
    You go man :0)

guess if you had no bad luck..y'ud have none at all???eh
    Vinnie>? :p
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    well you've got that right thomas -- i just got more of it!

i didn't measure before i bought -- i only have 10.5 inches of space of useable deck (the trunk rods take up a certain amount -- like 5 inches).

so i had to cancel the infinity 12" -- and in my disgust i cancelled the Xtant 2002T.

In its place, I ordered from sounddomain two Phoenix Gold Tantrum 8" subs (4 ohm / 200 w rms each) which I'm going to power with the two JBL GTS 180x1's. (got two 3 foot streetwires patch cables / 10 feet of dual conductor 10 gauge wire / bunch of wire connectors / and like three runs of 9 conductor speed wire for extending the lines from the head unit body to the head unit face)

spare tire comes outa the trunk, subs go in under deck area and an amp board (with flush mount amps so that they're covered and u only see the faces not the sides) goes vertical in front of all of that hiding everything and showing off the amps...

i'm kinda pissed -- that xtant is nice and its gonna look **** with two JBL's on either side of it... but oh well... the friggin Budget Monster got ahold of me -- i'm up to about 830 bucks and I think they'll kill me if I go any higher.

now i gotta figure out how i'm gonna take an 8 awg power line and an 8 awg ground line and "splice" those to three 10 gauge power lines and 10 gauge ground lines....

the 180x1's draw about 15A each and the A4004 does about 18A -- so 10 is ok for less than a 3 foot run and a main line of 8 is ok cuz i'm not breaking 50A (although i am really PUSHING that limit). if u really push it to the limit you can get about 50 outa 8 gauge and 100 outa 10 gauge.... but that is liek a brutal limit... but i dont care.. it'll be so much easier to run 8 in this damned thing than 4, and its like 30 bucks savings on power wire / fuse holder / etc.

here's hoping that----

a) the JBL's dont blow up on me or look like ****

b) my parents dont see the credit card bill till the **** comes in the mail and is in the car so they cant send it back

c) i dont have a nervious breakdown installing this crap

d) i dunno -- insert random wish here.... oh ya -- how bout "sounddomin has it in stock so i dont have to cancel yet another order" -- at least order 1 the big 650 buck one is on its way in the mail already.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2003
    how much did you pay for teh 8" subs..could have gotten them from adam (ASC Slash) I know he still has some "New" solo 8"s for @ $100/pair... just thinking out loud:cool:
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    .... see how i find everything out whe its too late -- thats an extention of my bad luck.

.... paid 39 bucks each for the PG subs though -- not too bad for 8's... i mean hell, 8" mtx 6000's are like 100 bucks (now THAT is comedy).