New fuse for my PSW350???

BRAD-TX
BRAD-TX Posts: 25
I noticed a while back that my PSW350 was not putting out any base, so I started looking into it and noticed that the little green light on the back would not even come on. I tried moving it to different outlets but it still would not work.

I emailed Polk CS and asked them and they said to just send in the amp section. So after I took out the amp section I noticed there was a fuse, so I checked it and noticed that it was out.

My first question is do you think it would be ok to just replace the fuse, and second, the fuse has T1.25a 250v marked on it. I can't find a 1.25 version at radio shack, so would a 1.6 work in its place if it was still 250v?

I hate to send in the entire amp section for just a fuse being blown.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Post edited by BRAD-TX on

Comments

• TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited June 2003
    If you're absolutely positive that's the problem, you could request Polk to send you a new fuse. However, a blown fuse could be signs of other problems (such as a bad amp with a short somewhere causing it to pull excessive current blowing the fuse). Your call here. Replacing the fuse could be the quickest way, however if that's not the problem, you'll most likely have to send in the plate amp anyway which could add additional downtime to the sub.

Tony
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • BRAD-TX
    BRAD-TX Posts: 25
    edited June 2003
    Thanks, guess I will just send it to them. Then I will be sure that it will be fixed right the first time.

Thanks again