Polk Audio - tone arm?

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited June 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?anlgtnrm&1059161317

Did Polk Audio really make this? anybody ever hear of it?
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited June 2003
    Looks like a misinformed seller. It was probably once owned by Jon Voight. :rolleyes:
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    :lol: Found under the seat of his LeBaron no doubt...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Wesmo
    Wesmo Posts: 74
    edited June 2003
    I bet it has his teethmarks on it too
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2003
    From about 1977 to 1982, Polk marketed a COUPLE of tonearms. Couple of TURNTABLES too. I mentioned this previously, a long time ago, but nobody ever listens. I'm not telling you the names of all the models again, so there.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

"They told me not to kill the people... but I forgot."
    GBG
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Well I'll be a ...

GG,
    Are you sure you discussed Polk tonearms here? I searched on tonearm, tonearms, tone AND arm, etc., and the only posts that turned up by you all related to AR TT's.

Hell, I even scanned all 640 posts you've made and besides the fact that I now know you're a Steve McQueen fan and "Mag 7" is your favorite western of all time... nada...

Little help???

Did enjoy your Afganistan solution though... knives and pictures of our malls... :lol:

BTW, I still get a chuckle out of Steve in the original "The Blob"...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Tour,

I believe George gave this lecture on the forum before it switched over to this format, which means all those posts were lost, unfortunately.

The lovely Wendi thinks that George resembles Steve McQueen, only much better looking. She also digs the car.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    TD,
    Yeah read where you said "the Lovely" was a little hot for GG... and vice versa in a post or two of his.

Also saw something you wrote about a co-worker who was fond of doing the V for Victory with her legs around males with half a brain pan...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    George has this power over women, it's unbelievable. Like the Pied Piper only with a KILLER 2ch rig.

hmmmm...second part I remember vaguely...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Good things come in small packages, eh?

See if this rings a bell...
    Originally posted by TroyD
    I don't happen to have any unfortunately. It's a girl whom I work with, very nice girl (and very cute) but when she meets a decent, clean cut, semi cerebral guy she falls over backwards with her legs in the air. I have it on good sources, not personal experience, that she can and will deliver the goods.Troy
    BTW... you have used the word "back" in 167 different posts...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli