Thinning the herd.....

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited June 2010 in The Clubhouse
Too funny to pass.
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• jerryj12
    jerryj12 Posts: 451
    edited May 2010
  • PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
    edited May 2010
    Um...wow. Some people are...welll....words can't account for them.
    That is funny though. FLip flops. heh.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
    Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited May 2010
    Perhaps the 911 call and the first Paramedics respondent on site comments would be priceless.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2010
    European plugs. Not sure if that adds significance.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,788
    edited May 2010
    European plugs. Not sure if that adds significance.

Yeah, it does 'cause it's likely 220V rather than 120. But amperage is lower so it may not be as big a deal.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Osarion
    Osarion Posts: 181
    edited May 2010
    I believe they used deionized water in that pic.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    edited May 2010
    I'm hoping it was staged for the internet. Or I'm hoping for a double fatality.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited May 2010
    Jstas wrote: »
    Yeah, it does 'cause it's likely 220V rather than 120. But amperage is lower so it may not be as big a deal.

only takes half an amp....;)

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,788
    edited May 2010
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    only takes half an amp....;)

Yeah but that much water and likely chemicals, there would be enough of a grounding that the circuit breaker would blow trying to charge the entire pool before they felt anything more than a tingle.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2010
    Jstas wrote: »
    Yeah but that much water and likely chemicals, there would be enough of a grounding that the circuit breaker would blow trying to charge the entire pool before they felt anything more than a tingle.

I agree with this. They probably wouldn't toast at all before the breaker would trip. If it is something they rigged up though, then they would feel it.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Echosphere
    Echosphere Posts: 395
    edited May 2010
    It is misconception that just electricity will kill you in a tub from say a toaster, these days.

Normally, it was the old copper tubing that would conduct the electricity and send it back to you and fry you.

With modern plumbing, plastic pipes, you won't die, unless you already have heart issues.

Not to say that it isn't stupid to begin with....

Which reminds me, do you folks know of any CHEAP copper spades? (not those $5 a piece ones... man that's expensive!)
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited May 2010
    Echosphere wrote: »
    It is misconception that just electricity will kill you in a tub from say a toaster, these days.

Normally, it was the old copper tubing that would conduct the electricity and send it back to you and fry you.

With modern plumbing, plastic pipes, you won't die, unless you already have heart issues.

Not to say that it isn't stupid to begin with....

Which reminds me, do you folks know of any CHEAP copper spades? (not those $5 a piece ones... man that's expensive!)

Someone's been watching Mythbusters. ;)
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • mhmacw
    mhmacw Posts: 832
    edited June 2010
    FATALITY>>> Flawless Victory!
  • Echosphere
    Echosphere Posts: 395
    edited June 2010
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Someone's been watching Mythbusters. ;)

How'd you guess? ;)

Hey! Wait, that means you've been watching it too!

Reminds of my friend at the bar once where he said "see that guy? I see him here every night, must drink too much" to which I said "Umm... James?"