Advice for new speakers in my Silverado

Options
FiveORacing
FiveORacing Posts: 105
edited May 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Replacing the speakers in my 2004 Silverado Crew cab. I starting in the back doors and already have the door panels off and the stock speakers out.

Looks like it's a 6-3/4 inch round speaker. Any suggestions and a source from anyone with the same truck. The front doors are next (that will complete the truck) and I'm not sure what's up there. It's an oblong grill and looks like a component set.

Not looking for high end or a custom set up, just something that is a good improvement over stock.

TIA

Joe
Post edited by FiveORacing on

Comments

• chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What's your budget, and what do you want from the head-unit exactly: usb, play cds, aux, and etc?

db6500 will work, it should offer you better lows and high. If you're planning on amping the speakers then db series will come alive compare to running off the source.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You have 6.5s in the back and 6.75s in front. The fronts are components, but most people just disconnect the factory tweeter and get coaxials.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • FiveORacing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanks guys. I ordered db651s' for the back and db5251 components for the front. Not too pricey but I'm sure better than what I had.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cancel the order on the DB5251 and order the DB6501 component set. The 5.25 inch components are to small for your door. Don't get me wrong you can use them by making a baffle for the mid but the DB6501 is a much better fit. Plus you will get more midbass.
  • FiveORacing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cancel the order on the DB5251 and order the DB6501 component set. The 5.25 inch components are to small for your door. Don't get me wrong you can use them by making a baffle for the mid but the DB6501 is a much better fit. Plus you will get more midbass.

Done, and thank you!!:)