Very Confused

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited June 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey Im getting a car in a little while and I know im gonna wanna upgrade the sound system. I have no idea really what I need I want good bass (Not sure if its spelled right there) nice loud sound but not horribly expensive can someone give me like a thing of what i would need to get? A list and maybe prices would be great. thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    list a car / a price range / and whether you are doing the work yourself or having it installed (will figure into price range thing).

just to give you an idea -- a good fully amped system with equipment that i'd like and doing the install yourself -- $1,500 - 1,750 retail... -- cutting corners or getting some stuff off ebay -- cut ya down to around 1,000 - 1300 -- but that's just top of my head numbers.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2003
    The car would be a Honda Civic 2 door or an acura integra. It would be installed by a friend who would do it for free since he owes me a big favor.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited June 2003
    Price range?
    "The Big C"
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2003
    *Warning*
    FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS INSTALL CAR AUDIO!

thought of the day :0):D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    you could do a good system in that car for....

two momo 10's -- 130 ea = 260
    JBL 1200.1 / RF1000bd / mtx81000d amp -- ~300-400

fronts - focal polyglass / oz audio / momo components --- 200
    6" rears - polk dx / or midbass driver from any of the above -- 75 bucks

amp for fronts -- mtx 8302 / RF power451S -- 250
    amp for rears -- mtx 152 / RF punch 201S -- 100

head unit -- alpine CDA 9815 -- 350

80 feet of 16 gauge speaker wire for highs @ 20 C a foot = 16 bucks

15 feet of 12 gauge spekaer wire for subs @ 50 C a foot = ~8

20 feet of 0 gauge power wire at 3.50 a foot = 70 bucks

ANL fuse holder = 25

150A fuse = 7

three 15 foot streetwires ZN3.5 path cables -- 135

die hard 900 CCA battery = 80

two one farad Stinger caps = 120 bucks

miscellaneous wire terminals = estimate 75 bucks

dash kit = 7 bucks

TOTAL = about 2128 --- i was gona say initially about 2500 bucks -- but some of these prices are undercutting a little so 2250 to 2400 is a good estimate -- most of these / all of these are ebay prices or closeout prices -- add aboout 5 to 10% for shipping costs.
  • C-Man
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, you should buy my momo 10's brand new still in box, never touched. Cheaper than ebay and I'll pay to ship them to you.
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    *shouldnt be asking this*
    how much for those momos?
    the new ones or the old ones?
    -Cody
  • C-Man
    edited June 2003
    Hey Cody,
    They're the new style. Brand new never used or even looked at wrong. I would probably be willing to let them go for about $225 (OBO)for the pair. I'll pay for the shipping, which should save around $25.

I had a pair of the old style, and broke one of the cones in my standard cab truck. When this happened they were in the process of switching the styles, so I sent both woofers back and about 8 months later I received my new subs, (after all the defect scare). Well in those 8 months I got rid of my little truck and bought a car with trunk space... :-)

I ended up buying a Fosgate Punch HX2 15, and a much larger amp, so I had no need for the momos when I got them back. I believe I finally got them in October, and they've just been sitting in my closet ever since. If you're remotely interested, email me and we can work something out.
    speechlessnbored@hotmail.com
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    hmmm.... 4 subs in an X cab gmc --- booom booooom booooooooom.

:)
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    shut up vince...i dont have the money and youre not helping!
    lol
    -Cody
  • C-Man
    edited June 2003
    Oh come on Cody, you've got the money.
    And you'll have the slamminest truck in all the land.
    "The Big C"
  • C-Man
    edited June 2003
    I'm talking about the whole land Cody. The whole land.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    "the whole land" -- lmfao wtf is the 'whole land' ... lol...

well look at it **** way, the back seat would have to come out, and you'd need a 2nd amp.... and at least a 0 gauge power line.

hmmm... actually -- there may be JUST enough room under your back seat to do the 4 10's straight across the under part of it so they're all front firint like they are now...

now THAT would be cool -- if u had to take the seat out i dont reccomend it though... having been there/done that i can tell you that id' rather have kept my back seat and done two front firing than lose it and have a **** lookin big **** box for 4 subs that looked dumb as ****. i ended up gettin rid of that real fast but there was no way to put the truck back the way it was supposed to be... thank god i had luck with my second attempt at a large system... else i'd of been screwed.

but if u can do 4 across -- that would be pimp.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    lol...but i have 12s...and i dont want to mix the 2...
    id have to build a new box and more wiring and another amp...nah...i dont think i can do it...lol
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    ya 12's wont fit under the seat goin across-- u got that mini hump in the middl where u lose like 2" of space -- and u're right -- thats a whole mess more work --

there comes a point -- and i always fail to see it when i'm in progress yet i always see it after im done and i regret crossing it every time -- that point is called "good enough" -- my girlfriend, sitting behind me at the moment is probably nodding....lol
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited June 2003
    lol...i probably could....the 12s on the side...the 10s in the middle...if i was made of money...but im not...lol...new wiring, new amp, new box, new speakers...
    -Cody