what do i need

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I would like to get a full polk audio system i want 4 momo 12" subs with 4 6x9's and amplifyers please I need iformation on all of the proper equipment i need to buy to get the best sound out of my system I am willing to buy what i need to buy for the best. I want all polk brand. please help me if u can. thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2003
    for the subs i would go with 2 rockford fosgate bd 1000s
    wire 1 amp to 2 subs at a 2 ohm load then wire the other amp to the other 2 subs at a 2 ohm load
    youre going to want to run 0/1 wire from your battery to your amps and youll need a 1 farad capacitor to each amp
    another battery and/or alternator would be a VERY good idea if youre drawing that much power
    as for your 6x9s...what 6x9s do you want?
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    dude if you dont want your car to sound like choad then you better watch what kind of 6x9's u buy -- 6x9's are a tricky speaker -- buy an average one and if you put it up front its gonna sound like junk -- in back they're allright -- it takes a good 6x9 to sound good up front... so unless its a polk DB or polk DX 6x9 then i would not use 6x9's up front -- u can get Polk EX III component sets brand new 6.5" for 150 bucks on sale right now from crutchfield -- that's a pretty damn good comp set -- and at the price you can't go wrong -- u can't even ebay them less than 135...

as far as momo 12's -- why not two DD 9515's -- cost you the same amount and give you 10 times the slam... ok i'll get off that kick for now...

two RF 1kw amps will do the job like cody said... but i dont agree on the single 0/1 gauge power line... if you're running two 1350 watt amps as well as 4 channel or two 2 channels for highs, you're going to exceed teh 300A draw limit for 0/1 gauge -- personally i would not run over 250 through 0/1 anyways... i would get a 0/2 line or, which might be easier - although it's a little ghetto -- just run two 0/1 lines... dual 900 / 1000 cca batteries, and a MINIMUM of a 100 - 125 amp alternator are strongly advised -- if your stock alt is below 120 A you should seriously consider getting a high output 200+ amp alternator. I'm running two mtx 81000d's (similar power to the RF's) and two smaller amps for highs and i'm having serious power problems that are affecting the performance of my vehicle (the body computer "talks" to the alternator -- and lately they're "bickering" if you get the idea).

a bunch of caps wouldn't hurt anything -- or just slap down the wad and get a 200 farad equivelant Xstatic batt-cap.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2003
    lol...i meant do it the ghetto way and have two 0/1 wires running from the battery...one to each amp...sorry for the confusion
    -Cody