Dead Space 2

Options
MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited March 2011 in Video Games
Im a HUGE fan of the first one. Its about my alltime favorite game coming in a very close second to Final Doom which is saying a lot for me.

At first they werent going to come out with a PC version which sucked but apparently they are now.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/dead-space-pc-game-console-port-dead-space-2-ea-games,10403.html

Found an interesting interview with one of the devs.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-details-dead-space-2/100163

They have a teaser trailer out for it on their website.

http://deadspace.ea.com/en_US/home

**Language** Couple S bombs in the videos
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I'm super hyped for this one. The first one had slipped under my radar, and the only reason I bought it at all was because Target sold it for $30 on Black Friday and I figured what the hell. Turned out to be the best horror game I've played since Clive Barker's Undying, and has some of the best use of surround sound of any game I've ever played.

I'll be buying this day one, no doubt.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • wahaneebelly
    wahaneebelly Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Dead Space is awesome, as someone posted below it's definitely better than Resident Evil now.It certainly looks like Dead space 2 is coming to pc after all, considering it is on the ea website as an upcoming pc game and on other websites as a preorder, I for one hope it does come out for pc.
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2010
    Options
    New trailer is out:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNtxIZYAnlA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNtxIZYAnlA&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

God I cant wait! About to wet my pants!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    Options
    This will be out on January 25th.

I used to be a customer of GameFly and had rented the original Dead Space when it came out. GameFly was kind of expensive so I only held on to this game for 2 weeks and just didn't have much time to play it. Alas I canceled my membership after 1 month because between that and Netflix I didn't have time to get my monies worth.

Anyways, last night I bought the original Dead Space from Amazon for $19 new and pre-ordered Dead Space 2 and L.A. Noire. Hopefully I'll get through the story mode from Dead Space before the new one comes out. I downloaded the Dead Space 2 demo the other night....and I'm stoked! :biggrin:
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The original had some of the best audio of any game I've heard, and was legitimately creepy as hell to play with the lights off on a giant screen in glorious surround sound. From the demo for Dead Space 2, it feels like they've refined the already excellent controls even more. Can't freakin' wait!

I'm a little nervous about the multiplayer, but willing to give it a chance.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I didn't have my LSi setup when I first played the original Dead Space, so I'm looking forward to that this weekend.

I'm just hoping the multi-player in Dead Space 2 doesn't take away from the story (length and quality) as the inclusion of it has with other games.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The first game is still probably the most enjoyable I've played on the PS3. Normally I'll wait months (or even a year) to buy a game I really want, but I can see myself picking this up first week.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I'm just hoping the multi-player in Dead Space 2 doesn't take away from the story (length and quality) as the inclusion of it has with other games.

I am too. It seems the trend these days to make games with halfassed stories in them and rely on the mutliplayer to win sales. I bought Bad Company 2 during the Steam sale for $7 and started playing it (single player) and thought it was just awesome! Graphics and combat were just superb. Then 2 hours later Id finished the game.....wait wha??? Ive seen trailers longer than this game!

So yeah, I hope DS2 sticks to being an awesome single player game and let Call of Duty and World of Warcraft handle all the multiplayer guys.

• Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I finished the first game this weekend...cool ending and it definitely make me jump at the very end. :tongue:

Sound was top notch. Chapter 10 being the best:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bIAc58Z623M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bIAc58Z623M?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Can't wait until next week.
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    Options
    From the couple of people I know writing reviews on DS2, sounds like the single player is about the same length or longer, but with more set-piece moments. I'm hearing that the multiplayer is surprisingly fun though, so I'm looking forward to the whole package.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    Options
    IGN's review clocks the game at about 10 hours, which is about what I expected.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1145296p1.html

A little disappointed in their review of the multiplayer, but considering how good the original Dead Space was, I consider the MP a bonus anyway. Can't wait to play this!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • MacLeod
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That is the creepiest song Ive ever heard Demi. The trailer with that song in it is what sold me on the first game. I saw it on YouTube and my very next mouse click was to open Steam and I bought it immediately. Still my favorite game trailer (maybe a tie with the Deus Ex 3 trailer).

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aA-YC9DxJKE&quot; frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

• Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No doubt...Amazon shipped my copy yesterday, but I didn't do release date delivery and I'm not getting it until tomorrow. Its all good though, I'm way too saturated right now with entertainment.

I probably won't get into the MP much at all. Having to much fun with Black Ops and I have a killer setup right now that's a lot of fun. :biggrin:
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I went down to the company store to grab my copy but the Collector's Edition hasn't come in yet. Ah well, I guess I will make do with the standard edition, plus it was free so I can't complain.

Later today, I might exchange my 360 copy for the PS3 version since it comes with Extraction as well and I can use the Move with it.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    IGN gives it a 9.0 on 360, for whatever that's worth. That's a high mark from them, though.

Reader score from 154 people thus for gives the game a 9.0 average as well.
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's at 90% on gamerankings.com and 91 on metacritic. Pretty solid scores! About to go install to drive now.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I played about two hours today and love it. Same as before but better. Wow lots of noise coming from those surrounds. CREEPY hearing the baby crying from behind me.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wish they had a demo. I guess I am going to have to wait:frown: Lots of trailers on the EA site.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Spammer reported
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • kuntasensei
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I wish they had a demo. I guess I am going to have to wait:frown: Lots of trailers on the EA site.

There is a demo on the 360. Not sure if it was released on PS3 or PC.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • mutelight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There is a demo on the 360. Not sure if it was released on PS3 or PC.

It is on the PS3 and 360, no PC demo slated.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
  • hockeyboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Played some more last night. Spooky game. Made it through a couple of zero g scenes and am only 11% completed. I played the multi which I found fun but just okay. THe single player is terrific. Buy this game..
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • Kiel
    Kiel Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Been playing it the last few nights and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, seems to be a bit more difficult than the first game on default settings (normal). I love how Unitology is parodying Scientology in this series.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anyone get a chance to try this with the Move controller yet? Thoughts?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I just decided to run down and buy the first installment based on your reviews, hopefully I can get the second one shortly after. Still trying to finish up Halo Reach and a second round of ME2 with Dead to Rights 2 still in the wrapper. I need to take a week off of work.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Leaps and bounds better than the first? I'm going to finish that one before I dive into the sequel.
  • mutelight
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Anyone get a chance to try this with the Move controller yet? Thoughts?

Only Extraction supports the Move which was originally a Wii title. With that said, it is pretty fun, particularly for a free addition.
    Photo Gallery
  • hockeyboy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Okay I love the game but just got the final scene and cannot get past it. Must have tried it 50 times!
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Panamax M5300EX
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Did anyone else get the Isaac Clarke armor code for Dragon Age II in their game?

I just bought the original Dragon Age, so I'll probably be picking the new one up.