bi-wiring???

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
i know i mentioned this in another thread, and thanks trappedunderice for your thoughts, i was just hoping to get some input from others too:

is bi-wiring worth the money? i am thinking about doing this with my new rt800i's? any suggestions/comments, (particularly if someone out there has tried this with their 800's) would be helpful, thanks!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    Get four, 4inch runs of 12 guage, remove the factory jumpers, and use the new wire to jumper.

Hear anything?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    ahh, didn't think about doing that. that is alot cheaper way of testing it. is that in fact doing the same as bi-wiring, or is it just replacing the factory jumper? seems to be still jumping. is there any benefit to jumping 'before' where the factory jumpers are now with the 12 gauge jumper? i hope that last sentence makes sense...:confused:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    I use 12ga for the drivers and 14ga for the tweeters. Works great and it's cheap.

But by all means dump those jumpers.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2001
    No, it is not the same, it is a step in a better direction though.

This will be debated until the end of time. I think any differences you notice will be subtle, if at all, maybe even placebo like.....

Give it a shot, its all how YOU hear it....

Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2001
    By all means you should experiment with biwiring.

However: The results will differ with each system and pair of ears. The more revealing the system is, the more revealing the effects of biwiring will be.

The probability is, most systems will benifit to some degree.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    thanks for all the input! guess it's time to play around. hopefully i will be get a chance to pick up some more speaker wire some nite this week and play around this weekend.
  • kellerm2
    kellerm2 Posts: 2
    edited November 2001
    I have the same speakers, and I am biwiring with AQ Cobalts (Thanks Bob!) on low, and AQ Type 2 on the high. The change made a noticeable difference. If you are unsure, and have the means to do so, have a friend come over and switch them around on you, then see if you can tell the difference. If so, biwire, if not, don't, but I would guess that you will notice a difference. Good Luck!

-Mike-