Any SVS Sub Owners in southeastern Michigan?

kberg
kberg Posts: 974
Hey All,

Anybody out there in southeastern Michigan have an SVS sub that I could listen to? Because of a future possibility of purchasing a 20-39PC-Plus or the PB1-ISD, I'd be really appreciative of anybody that might be willing to let me hear their SVS sub so I can determine for myself how great they seem to be.

Thanks in advance.
Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
Display: JVC HD-56G786
DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
Post edited by kberg on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited May 2003
    Kev:

Just drive 5 hours to Dr. Spec's place and I'll serv-up some grilled venison, cold beer, and a bunch of room shaking demos of clean, accurate, deep, powerful bass. After you're convinced, we can walk over to my PC, order the SVS of your choice, and we can retire to the front porch for cigars and some single malt scotch and celebrate the best HT purchase you will ever make.

Ed
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2003
    Damm, what a plan, wish i lived so close :)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    Kev:

Just drive 5 hours to Dr. Spec's place and I'll serv-up some grilled venison, cold beer, and a bunch of room shaking demos of clean, accurate, deep, powerful bass. After you're convinced, we can walk over to my PC, order the SVS of your choice, and we can retire to the front porch for cigars and some single malt scotch and celebrate the best HT purchase you will ever make.

Ed

Thanks for the offer, Ed! I just might take you up on that some day! Although I still may need to wait a while for financial (and probably more importantly, spousal) support for that to happen - actually, the two are probably one in the same, eh? You know what I mean? - if I tell her I'm traveling an hour or so to "test drive a speaker", no problem there, but if I tell her I'm going to travel 5 hours to do the same thing, the NYPD Blue interrogation begins on how serious I am about this and how much it's gonna cost, and the "discussions" begin (insert Charlie Brown's teacher responses here -> waa wa waaa waa wa waaa). :)

BUT, I really would like to do this, so I'll let you know if/when the time is "right". As usual, leave it to you to extend the generous offer.

Thanks again,

Kev
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688