Interconnects

Options
Beta
Beta Posts: 267
edited May 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
Question to those members of the forum who attribute value to cables etc.

I am planning to upgrade my XLR interconnects. I will be upgrading from AQ's diamondback.

Thinking about moving to the AQ Colorado. The interconnects will be used for the integration of a Parasound Halo JC 2 pre to an A21 amp and from the JC 2 to a Cambridge Audio 840C.

Thoughts, opinions, alternatives and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Andy
Post edited by Beta on

Comments

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nice cables, I'm personally a fan of MIT. There are tons of choices but AQ is very nice.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What is it about the Diamondback that you are not satisfied with? I used to own the Diamond back, then tried the Jaguar and currently on my second set of IC's right now since the DB.
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's not that I am unsatisfied with the Dimondback. I am simply hoping I might find an improvement in sepration, soundstage etc. in a higher quality interconnect.

I guess one could say that I am currently affiicted with the "upgrade" illness.

Andy
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I highly recommend the Aural Harmony Sonnet II or Sonnet R interconnects. I have a pair of the Sonnet II's and will be upgrading to the Sonnet R's very soon. They come with XLR's on the end as well. Contact Don at the the link below (through Audiogon) and he will hook you up with a pair. The best deal is if you can get a used pair. Ask Don about it. You have one year from the purchase date to get a full price application to an upgraded set of cables. These are very good cables and I recommend them highly. I am not affiliated with Aural Harmony at all. Just a satisfied customer.

Greg

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1276127335
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Echosphere
    Echosphere Posts: 395
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    It's not that I am unsatisfied with the Dimondback. I am simply hoping I might find an improvement in sepration, soundstage etc. in a higher quality interconnect.

I guess one could say that I am currently affiicted with the "upgrade" illness.

Andy

Aww... I've had that illness once before and went Transparent Audio IC's. Pricey though. I've heard good things about the MIT's also.

I had a basic pair of the Transparent MusicLink and went up to the Supers and I DID hear better depth and breadth and soundstage separation. Though, looking back at the $500 I spend on them 10 years ago I could simply have bought a better amp, but I really like my Carver M400T Cube so it was ok at the time. Don't know if I would do it again....

Best wishes, hope you recover! ;)
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Give Mogami Gold a try from Guitar Center. About $35 a piece and very nice XLR. I rotate them in and mix and match with my WireWorlds. Surprising wire for the price.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)