Brand new to polk and install HELP NEEDED

Options
mylestone
mylestone Posts: 2
edited May 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just bought a 51/4" polk component system and am going to install them in place of my blown Infinity Kappa units in the doors! The amp is a rockford fosgate 50 times 4.So did I investigate all yesterday for nothing and buy a dog?Or is a infinity kappa component system a dog to start with!!!!!!!!!!!?They are 7 years old but I don't mind buying the best if they last and sound clean and not muddy!How did I make out with the Polks?They got good reviews and sound like a good addition!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boston acoustic 6" by 9"s in the rear of my van need replacement as ONE OF THEM IS BLOWN!! IS POLK WORTH GOING 6 BY 9" IN THE REAR???????? Component or not.
Thanks ever so much fellow Polkers!
Myles
Post edited by mylestone on

Comments

• seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,241
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You'll probably get much more and better response in the car audio section of the forum.

Here--> http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

And welcome to the club.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2010
    Options
    5 1/4" component set, ok... but what model? I've had 5 1/4" polk speakers that weren't worth using as door stops, and others that I would trade a kidney for - sounded that good.

Boston is - and always shall remain - garbage.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Mustve missed this one. Agreed - it depends on the model. The SR 5.25's are in my car right now and going to be competing this year just like I did in 2007. The DB 5.25's are good entry level speakers but probably not as good as upper end Kappas. Unless those Bostons are the Pro series, yeah theyre garbage.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I never even liked the Kappas... however the Kappa Perfect (circa like 2000 - 2004) were sweeeeeeeeeeeet. The tweeters, however, were a bit too harsh for me... and the price was always ridiculous, so I never bothered.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge