Pioneer Amp

tgaddis
tgaddis Posts: 7
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a GNX104 in a sealed enclosure. I was wondering what amp I should get thats affordable and sounds good. I can get the Pioneer GM-X572 off ebay for $105. I saw the Sony XM-280GTX for about $75. Some people have been telling me the Xplod's suck and some people have been telling me I wont notice a difference. Any suggestions?
Post edited by tgaddis on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    sony is absolute waste refuse -- buy an xplode amp and surely within a short amount of time either 1) it will die on you or 2) you will stomp it to pieces with your boot after u get utterly sick of the poor quality of sound it puts out -- even when only driving a sub.

pioneer however is affordable and decent -- i dont have my damned crutchfield book in hand at the moment but if the 572 is 200 x 1 bridged at 4 ohms then you're good to go.

i've been reccomending pioneer amps for gnx's for a while now -- putting aside the goofy cosmetics, they are quite reliable and accurate amps.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2003
    Check out the Profile California series too. They got a bum rap but they offer solid and pretty clean power for teh price. They aren't **** goofy looking as some of the Pioneers and they have many many more variations than Pioneer does too. Not to mention that the new, 2003 models are pretty snazzy, bare, brushed aluminum finsihed ones and they look slick!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!