mm10 or mm12

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,872
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
im not into looks, i just want nice hard hitting bass. i was wondering how strong one mm10 or one mm12 in the polk/momo enclosure. i would probally by an alpine 600 watt amp, whould that blow the sub? thanx for you help
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,183
    edited May 2003
    the polk momo subs are single 4 ohm coil -- the 10 can safely take 500 - 550 // the 12 can safely do upwards of 650+++ depending on the music -- they are underrated in some respects.

a momo 12 in the polk enclosure with a bridged 2 channel amp that did 650 - 700 watts would adequately serve a smaller vehicle (2 door **** coupe car or a chevy cavalier... something that size).

it would also do the job when placed in cabin (ie a pickup).

but a decent sized SUV / or a larger car (lincoln town car...) would require two woofers or a single 1500 watt woofer.

but that's just my opinion.
    "With your own attitude it is hard to survive here... But who gives a damn, we are here to change the world, and we dont need a password for that."
    - Anurag
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,872
    edited May 2003
    ok, thanks a lot, i was planning on taking out the shi pass behind the arm rest on a bmw 325i, thats why i would only want one, it would face right into the cabin. i have to do this because the trunks are sealed so tightly, once again thanx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing